Jordan O’Brien U23s

5 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

First off Jordan and our entire family would like to tell you that it was a total privilege and honour for Jordan to have been involved with such a wonderful club. Our humble gratitude to have met Steve Haslam and have him involved developing Jordan and the support he gave him was second to none. The coaching staff, and physio/sport science who looked after him with his lengthy lay off was terrific and our gratitude is never ending. We are certainly going to miss going to watch him play at Wednesday and to play at such a iconic place like Hillsborough swelled my heart with pride so I can only imagine how Jordan felt running out the tunnel. He leaves Wednesday a double U18s title winner and has told me he wants to repay the Wednesday coaching staff and Steve Haslam by returning to the Club as a proven player in 5 years time. Special thanks to Ken Ryder and Big John in admin and every single one of you guys on here for your support of Jordan and his teammates. I will be sticking around to chip in every now and again and to keep you updated on Jordan’s journey back to Wednesday. Thank you all so much.

All the best to Jordan - let’s hope he gets his wish, it might end up costing us a lot of money! 😀

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

First off Jordan and our entire family would like to tell you that it was a total privilege and honour for Jordan to have been involved with such a wonderful club. Our humble gratitude to have met Steve Haslam and have him involved developing Jordan and the support he gave him was second to none. The coaching staff, and physio/sport science who looked after him with his lengthy lay off was terrific and our gratitude is never ending. We are certainly going to miss going to watch him play at Wednesday and to play at such a iconic place like Hillsborough swelled my heart with pride so I can only imagine how Jordan felt running out the tunnel. He leaves Wednesday a double U18s title winner and has told me he wants to repay the Wednesday coaching staff and Steve Haslam by returning to the Club as a proven player in 5 years time. Special thanks to Ken Ryder and Big John in admin and every single one of you guys on here for your support of Jordan and his teammates. I will be sticking around to chip in every now and again and to keep you updated on Jordan’s journey back to Wednesday. Thank you all so much.

That’s heartwarming to hear John, and I’m sure Jordan has also been a credit to the club during his time here Please stay in touch, it’s been great having you around, and of course, the very best wishes to Jordan for the future

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Smackavolley

Fair play. Hope the lad stays clear of injury and fulfills the prophecy.

With a little bit of luck, he's got every chance.

Thanks John for your updates on the academy lads over the past few years, and good luck to Jordan for the next chapter in his career. You come across as a top bloke and I’m sure your attitude will have rubbed off on him, which can only stand him in good stead going forward 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

John, please keep giving us updates on how Jordan is getting on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What a lovely thing to read from the parent of a released player. But knowing you and your family as I do it wasn't a surprise to read your post. I feel privileged to  have met and got to know you and your family and friends.

Having been close to Jordan in a working capacity, and as we have spoken about on the phone regularly. I feel that Jordan will have a good future in this wonderful game. Sorry it couldn't have been with this fabulous club, but this may come back and bite us on the bum. Jordan was always upbeat, apart from when he was injured. But being the team player that he was, he was downbeat because he wanted to be playing in the team with his colleagues and helping get the recognition required for them all.

I know I have no need to say the following as I know you will, but please keep in touch. Hoping you and the family stay safe and well during these bad times.

Big John

• Like 1
  • Love 2