strange away games

remember  a game v Stockport County  in  the milk cup around 1986   for some strange reason they decided to hold the game at maine Road  Wednesday fans got the main stand  and the Kippax  while  Stockport  fans where right at the end of the  uncovered  part of the Kippax   getting wet😀  we won 7-0  in front of a bumper crowd of 2.089    who was at this game?😀

Edited by panda800
typo

4 minutes ago, panda800 said:

remember  a game v Stockport County  on the milk cup around 1986   for some strange reason they decided to hold the game at maine Road  Wednesday fans got the main stand  and the Kippax  while  Stockport  fans where right at the end of the  uncovered  part of the Kippax   getting wet😀  we won 7-0  in front of a bumper crowd of 2.089    who was at this game?😀

Stockport County v Sheffield Wednesday, 06 October 1986

Yeah I went to this.

You could just wander round the ground as much as you ilked too

Was such a strange night

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I went to this.

You could just wander round the ground as much as you ilked too

Was such a strange night

I got told off by a copper from walking  from one end of the kippax to the other

This was a Monday night game, and we'd beaten Oxford 6-1 on the Saturday. I can't find the line-ups either, but I presume we must have made some changes, because no one scored in both games. (See http://www.adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/lg1987.htm). Colin Walker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Walker_(footballer,_born_1958) scored a hat-trick - his only goals for us. I wonder if that makes him unique (for us anyway).

In November 1985, Walker returned to Doncaster Rovers on non-contract terms, playing five times before moving to Cambridge United in January 1986.

He scored once in 3 games, but was released by Cambridge and returned to Matlock Town.

From there he joined Harworth Colliery Institute from where he was signed by Sheffield Wednesday in August 1986.

He joined Darlington on loan in December 1986, where he made seven appearances, and Torquay United on loan in October 1987, where he made three appearances.

He left Sheffield Wednesday having played just two league games and after scoring a hat-trick in a League Cup tie, a 7–0 victory against Stockport County, which Wednesday won 10–0 on aggregate

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Never heard of Colin Walker. Just googled him, he did not play many games. His 3rd highest performance number was New Zealand national side with 15 caps!!

Wasn't he the famous binman we signed

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I literally cannot for the life of me remember him.

Am sure this is a windup

Its mad. I've seen he was touted as one of the best youth players, even at one point better than George Best. 10 goals in 15 games for his country. WTF

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think we've been Terry Henfleet'd

lol

He did exist (not Terry Henfleet), sure I've seen him play

Line-ups:

Them:

Manager:
Jimmy Melia

Line up:
1 Simon Farnworth 2 Clive Evans 3 Ian McKenzie 4 Ronnie Glavin 5 Trevor Matthewson 6 Peter Grant 7 Andy Hodkinson 8 Mike Lester 9 David Wilkes (Martin Melvin) 10 Neil Bailey 11 Levi Edwards

Us:

Manager:
Howard Wilkinson

Line up:
1 Martin Hodge 2 Mel Sterland 3 Glynn Snodin 4 Paul Hart 5 Lawrie Madden 6 Des Hazel 7 Brian Marwood 8 Gary Megson (Tony Gregory) 9 Carl Bradshaw (Colin Walker) 10 David Hirst 11 Siggi Jonsson

http://www.hattersmatters.co.uk/matches/match-information?id=3693

• Like 2