MATT PENNEY Gets Extended Contract

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's ridiculous … ive never seen harris, FF,reach  or anyone else who plays on the left busting a gut covering for fox …….fox is good defensively that's why he keeps getting picked the club are trying to re sign him and other clubs are reportedly interested in him …..penney defending left a lot to be desired any body who watched the games could see that .going forward he was fine but defensively he consistently went missing which is probably the reason he was  shifted further forward and the club decided to send him out on loan to hopefully learn .

I'm talking about his first few games. Thought he defended really well, but as his attacking duties increased his defensive performances suffered. Not uncommoned considering his lack of experience.

Regarding Fox and his defensive play it seems like we watched different players. Lets agree to disagree about it. Alway great to hear your opinion, though.

1 hour ago, malek said:

I'm talking about his first few games. Thought he defended really well, but as his attacking duties increased his defensive performances suffered. Not uncommoned considering his lack of experience.

Regarding Fox and his defensive play it seems like we watched different players. Lets agree to disagree about it. Alway great to hear your opinion, though.

Correct. 

Penney was very good when Jos gave him his chance, unfortunately he then moved him around and his form suffered, not surprising when someone doesn't have much first team football, and he then got injured. Renewing him for another year seems a no brainer to me, I'm guessing he won't be on #DaveAllen Megabucks

Fox has been decent this season but was poor before, at 26 he's a good age and seems to have a decent attitude so I would like to keep him but I wouldn't be breaking the bank. The way some fans go on about him you'd think he was Roberto Carlos.

16 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Correct. 

Penney was very good when Jos gave him his chance, unfortunately he then moved him around and his form suffered, not surprising when someone doesn't have much first team football, and he then got injured. Renewing him for another year seems a no brainer to me, I'm guessing he won't be on #DaveAllen Megabucks

Fox has been decent this season but was poor before, at 26 he's a good age and seems to have a decent attitude so I would like to keep him but I wouldn't be breaking the bank. The way some fans go on about him you'd think he was Roberto Carlos.

The way fans go on about Matt Penney you'd think he was Gareth Bale.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The way fans go on about Matt Penney you'd think he was Gareth Bale.

If you seriously think that then I would kindly ask what it's like living in your parallel universe. 

Come on, the lad was getting absolute pelters when his form dipped. All whilst being moved around by the manager and being surrounded by criminally underperforming senior pros. 

I do think his decision to go on loan to a different country shows he has the appetite to learn and to succeed, fair play to him I say. Renewing him at I guess little cost in terms of the playing budget is a no brainer for me. Whether or not we re-sign Roberto.  

16 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

If you seriously think that then I would kindly ask what it's like living in your parallel universe. 

Come on, the lad was getting absolute pelters when his form dipped. All whilst being moved around by the manager and being surrounded by criminally underperforming senior pros. 

I do think his decision to go on loan to a different country shows he has the appetite to learn and to succeed, fair play to him I say. Renewing him at I guess little cost in terms of the playing budget is a no brainer for me. Whether or not we re-sign Roberto.  

Exactly look how he played for us. Not well defensively at all. Funny I mentioned Bale actually as similar to Bale at Southampton I do think Penney eventually will find his way in the game as a left Winger because he just wants to go forward all the time.

As for Roberto. I would much rather have him at left back then Penney. However I think Penney infront of Fox down the left hand side could work. 

But I am not convinced that we have not just extended Penney's contract in order to command a fee for him in the summer.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Correct. 

Said it before and will again. Penney injured his shoulder against Villa and played injured and out of position after that.

As soon as Bruce took over they sent him to emergency operation.