Homegrown 11 since big jack

Ryan Jones was a good luck charm at that time, if he was in the side the you had the feeling we would not get beat but as the stats say it did twice, wish we had somebody like him now.

On 11/05/2020 at 11:19, Nero said:

Ryan Jones deserves better than he is getting here. the guys short career at Wednesday before his injury was phenomenal. Look at his stats from 93 94 - This is incredible stuff for a young Sheffielder in the top league in his first season...

Ignore QPR that was season before

image.png.bcc9ebeeee9aa7098740022550b3c909.png

image.png.b8d2d0ddac7ad684bbb9217227ddd9d1.png

27 matches

14 wins

11 draws

2 defeats

6 goals from midfield

I always think he is unfairly overlooked

I thought Ryan Jones was going to be mega for Wednesday. But like Ian Knight, not to be. He was phenomenal through the midfield. Probably unfairly overlooked as he came not so long after Carlton. But he’s the best we’ve had since CP, even though he was inexperienced and played so few games.

28 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I thought Ryan Jones was going to be mega for Wednesday. But like Ian Knight, not to be. He was phenomenal through the midfield. Probably unfairly overlooked as he came not so long after Carlton. But he’s the best we’ve had since CP, even though he was inexperienced and played so few games.

He did play in a great team to be fair. Played alongside Carlton for majority of that season.

If you were to extend 'homegrown' to include players signed as teenagers (basically I see others above have kind of done this by including Quinn, Morrison, Geary, etc.) then you could strengthen this team a lot with Hirst, Bart-Williams, Brunt, Whelan...