Now we know for sure

In my post after the Blackburn game link below.

I said that leaving at half time was only the second time that I had done so in all my time as a supporter. I also said that the Wigan game was a must win and an indicator of where we are. Well now we know.

I don't know why I feel so bad because as many of you have said we have been in much worse positions in the league, financially and in footballing ability. There just seems to be this inevitability that we will fall well short of our goals despite being financially stable and having some good footballers at our disposal. Perhaps it's the groundhog day lack of enthusiasm as the crowd wonder which Wednesday are going to turn up.

I can't begin to tell you how much I am dreading sitting through the game against Millwall on Saturday. Another of those teams who we aspire to look down upon from a lofty perch. The truth is they will delight in playing us whilst our players will not want to play them. The championship is all about bottle and competing physically first, second and third.

Something radical needs to happen before 17:00 on Friday. There are few players in my eyes that are must keep and I am looking forward to seeing a summers clear out and a rebore with new, enthusiastic and driven players. Much as I admire Barry Bannan I think that our midfield, whilst less creative, is stronger and more effective without him. This is probably due to opponents focussing on stopping him playing. When he isn't in the team there isn't that focus for opponents.

Let's hope things change for the better and soon.

• Like 1

You’re right. We have been in more precarious positions like this over the past years.  It’s the hope that kills you as they say. 

Thing is I look at the squad and you think I’d not swap many man for man over probably half of this leagues teams. But actually I think finally we're finding out who’s got the heart and who hasn’t. I think it’s time for some of these guys to move on and sooner the better. 

13 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

You’re right. We have been in more precarious positions like this over the past years.  It’s the hope that kills you as they say. 

Thing is I look at the squad and you think I’d not swap many man for man over probably half of this leagues teams. But actually I think finally we're finding out who’s got the heart and who hasn’t. I think it’s time for some of these guys to move on and sooner the better. 

Yep, you've nailed it here. I totally agree with you. 

Hate to say this but him from S2 got it right. 

Bought players who had been either captains of their team or had been player of the year the season previous. 

Players who had heart and fight in abundance but some small amount of skill also.

The polar opposite to us.