Kieran Lee

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

Perhaps we should be looking at younger , fitter players in the up . Fine for this season as an option but I’m sure monk is aware there is still more to clear out . 

Like Onomah last season? :ghoulguy:

Generally I agree though, I can see this being Lee's last season and we need someone with fresh legs in midfield. 

We may see the midfield class of 2015 get us over the line this season, but it should be their last chance if they don't. Increasingly, championship teams are hustling them and dominating the center of midfield, even at home.

A new generation of mobile, comfortable on the ball and combative midfielder is what we need moving forward.

43 minutes ago, Animis said:

We may see the midfield class of 2015 get us over the line this season, but it should be their last chance if they don't. Increasingly, championship teams are hustling them and dominating the center of midfield, even at home.

A new generation of mobile, comfortable on the ball and combative midfielder is what we need moving forward.

Right now it's all for Lee to do to get another contract, I hope he does because if he does it will mean we see the Lee of old at some point this season, however arguably Bannan is having his best season with us - potentially, if he keeps up current form.   No one would deny him a starting berth next season.

Then we have the enigma that is Sam Hutchinson, sometimes he looks like a world beater, other times a crock, sometimes a liability - but generally you want him on your side not the opposition.

Of those three who is most likely to be shown the door?   I'd say Hutch, then Lee, then Bannan to be honest - but I still think they all have something to offer which maybe makes me a little bit too loyal to these players.