Kieran Lee

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Looked off the pace tonight. Barely did anything of note until the last 5 mins.

Needs a rest next game. 

Talented guy but glad we only gave him a 1 year contract on that showing.

Shouldn't there be some type of sarcastic emoji to finish your post off.... He was barely on the pitch 5 minutes. 

15 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Can someone please remind Monk this guy is best natural right back in club and would assist us there in defence and going forward.

We've been here before Fred.  You want a bloke who has had serious hip injuries over the past 2 years to play at full back against quick, agile and tricky wide midfielders/wingers/full backs?

Apart from the fact that on his day, he's our best midfielder, probably best footballer at the club.  I'll wait for the Barry Bannan fan club to wade in here and tell me I'm deluded, but we've struggled without Kieran Lee in the past.  The one midfielder so far who can take up the spaces between opposition midfield and defence and look comfortable.  The one midfielder who shows a desire to get alongside and beyond the strikers from central midfield.  It'll take a suspension, because at the moment, Monk favours Hutch and BB, but my guess is once he's back in the side and gets a run of games, he'll be tough to shift.

• Like 1