László Balint - Fake News

It's a good experiment .

Unaware of your plan I was attempting to show it possible myself last night by sticking a score on George Hieronymus  as a request. 

They seemed keen to take the money.

Until they asked for my name.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I decided to have a little fun last night for a couple of reasons: to show how easily manager betting markets can be manipulated and also to show how quickly and readily people believe things they read online. 

As some of you know, I follow Romanian football and support Sportul Snagov. László Balint was their manager and did exceptionally well. Imagine Luton spending two thirds of next season at the top of the Championship before falling away when the manager leaves. It was a hell of an effort. 

I started with a tweet to Skybet simply asking what odds they would offer. They put him in at 20/1. The same odds as Arteta. 

I told someone I knew about my plan. They offered to tweet that they heard Balint had an interview. I thought this was a bit too much, so asked instead to tweet they had seen him in the car park at Hillsborough. 

A couple of posts on here to stoke the fire and some people were posting:

”There’s something in this.”

”It’s too random to be made up.”

”This is just like Chansiri.”

And my personal favourite was someone assuming he was represented by Doyen. Who knows? He might be. 

Basically, don’t read too much into odds and don’t take random tweets as gospel because it’s probably a couple of guys on the internet bored and on a wind up. 

You might not believe it, but when I read it on here yesterday, I guessed it was a wind up.

Thought you might've been trying to get the odds reduced for a laugh or something.