Advice Needed - Signed Shirt for Charity

Hi everyone,

I am after a bit of help.

I was meant to be running the 2019 London Marathon for Barnardo's Children Charities but unfortunately I have had to defer my entry until 2020 now as I have a slipped disc.

Lee Bullen was kind enough to get the players to sign me a shirt to help with fundraising, which I was going to auction at a Charity night.

This will now not be until next year but I want to sell the shirt now as I feel it will be worth more whilst shirt is current and before some/all of the 15 out of contract players leave.

I want it to fetch as much money as possible and add it to my current fundraising (which is all rolling over to the 2020 marathon). I bought the shirt at full price (club wouldn't give a discount) but I want to make it clear I will NOT be taking this money off the total. All money raise will go to Barnardo's.

What do people think will raise the most money? A simple auction on eBay (fee's apply) or selling raffle tickets for say £5 on here and across facebook etc.

I would really appreciate you thoughts and advice.

Thanks

Signed_Shirt.jpg

• Like 1

Selling Raffle tickets on social media may come under the jurisdiction of the laws on gambling. I should check on the gambling commission website. 

Also, I'd be inclined to hold onto the shirt a month or so, see if the play offs are attainable. May increase the value. 

29 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Selling Raffle tickets on social media may come under the jurisdiction of the laws on gambling. I should check on the gambling commission website. 

Also, I'd be inclined to hold onto the shirt a month or so, see if the play offs are attainable. May increase the value. 

grow up Daz

• Haha 1