On 16/01/2019 at 13:11, WhiteOwl91 said:

When people say Lees isnt captain material, i think back to this:

How many people said Loovens wasn't captain material because he wasnt 'vocal enough' ?

Yet we lost all organisation when he stopped playing for us and now people are saying Lees isnt the same player without a leader next to him that he had in Loovens?!

Carlos said GL was the best captain he's ever worked with and numerous players have said the same, yet lots of fans constantly said he shouldnt have been captain

I don't get how people can say someone isnt the right fit for captain when you dont actually know them as a person or are part of that group, or know how members of that group are with them. 

I more concerned about his form since getting the arm band. It has dipped and if he a good captain or not if he not playing near his best then maybe it is a job not for him. Let's face it the team has hardly improved since Lees awarded captaincy 

22 hours ago, torryowl said:

this team as a few problems ….tom lees aint one of them .

So do you think Lees is playing at the highest level he is capable of recently. Regardless of all the other problems which may or may not be more important if we not seeing the best of a player it's in swfc interest to get the best out of him. Whether he our best defender or not is irrelevant. 

On 16/01/2019 at 17:55, Hack-Abusi said:

Because we are severely lacking other options .... without Hector who would play there .. Thorniley and Pudil?! or Fox!

Fox may be worth a try. I don't think full back is the best position for him. His mobility is not good enough and he has limited skills at dribbling or crossing. 

On 16/01/2019 at 02:18, pazowl55 said:

No matter who we have had in charge of the team. 

One thing is a given with every manager that we have had.

Tom Lees starts. 

Think this answers the question.

I beginning to think that this is the problem. No worries about losing your place is not the best way to get the best out of a player 

Robswfc and Pablo please explain why you neg a question. If you think Lees is playing at his best I would be amazed. If a suggestion is not what you would try then please offer a different solution or opinion. I just don't get it when people disagree with a question. Specially when I think it is obvious Lees confidence and performances can be so much better than recently. 

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

So do you think Lees is playing at the highest level he is capable of recently. Regardless of all the other problems which may or may not be more important if we not seeing the best of a player it's in swfc interest to get the best out of him. Whether he our best defender or not is irrelevant. 

Here..let's try this..

So ...do you think Lees is playing at the highest level he is capable of recently?

Regardless of the the other problems which may or may not be important.

If we're not seeing the best of a player it's in swfc' interest to get the best out of him?

Wether he is our best defender or not is irrelevant....and so am I when I get like this on a Thursday night.:tango:

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Here..let's try this..

So ...do you think Lees is playing at the highest level he is capable of recently?

Regardless of the the other problems which may or may not be important.

If we're not seeing the best of a player it's in swfc' interest to get the best out of him?

Wether he is our best defender or not is irrelevant....and so am I when I get like this on a Thursday night.:tango:

Don't get it 

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Don't get it 

I don't mean to pick on you especially.

If you want to get your point over in a way that will be taken seriously...stop jabbing at your phone with your thumbs.

Stop running one sentence into another.. it's parsing.

Use grammatical tools so that what you say isn't an onrush of what you feel..or what you want to describe.

I like you.. use punctuation and capitalization in you're posts and they'll be more readable.

On 16/01/2019 at 17:43, Willow Owl said:

Take away the Hull fiasco where every single player was poor. We have conceded 2 goals in the other 6 previous games including 4 clean sheets. The TL witch hunt doesn't stack up. Lets leave the coaching and decisions to the people who know what they are talking about. As i posted earlier the last 4 management set ups have him as number one CB.

What witch hunt. The topic asks if it is worth trying a different central defence partnership. Hopefully for Lees to regain some form or just rest. I would recommend that you read the topic question again before starting the negative fans witch hunt agenda 

On 17/01/2019 at 02:54, alan48 said:

He made one mistake last night , and yes it could have proved costly , but how many times did Reach pass to the opposition fron 2 yards or Bannan ping the ball 10 yards beyond a teamate attempting a worldy , or Hector misjudge a tackle . We won for heavens sake . Lay off them for once !

Well said. 

How dare are people talk about players in the matchday threads. 

Ffs 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't mean to pick on you especially.

If you want to get your point over in a way that will be taken seriously...stop jabbing at your phone with your thumbs.

Stop running one sentence into another.. it's parsing.

Use grammatical tools so that what you say isn't an onrush of what you feel..or what you want to describe.

I like you.. use punctuation and capitalization in you're posts and they'll be more readable.

Wow Thanks. I feel totally educated now in football forums English language etiquette.

I find parsing know it all posters who think they have a devine right to comment on posters grammer, spelling or general intelligence. The grammartalk forum is on a different website. 

You obviously read my posts so I will go on. I read many posts that have much more errors with grammar. Do you comment on those? I was lucky enough to have a university education. But not in English grammar unfortunately. I admit you have greater knowledge of grammar than me. On a football forum what's more pertinent is football knowledge and skills. I was exceptionally talented at football and played signed up on school boy forms all my youth and was a highly sort after player even playing in the fa Cup whilst at school. Until injury cut short my dream. In semi professional football I won every trophy going and finished every season top scorer. 

I doubt you have any where near that experience. But if only I had better grammar I would be taken seriously. 

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Wow Thanks. I feel totally educated now in football forums English language etiquette.

I find parsing know it all posters who think they have a devine right to comment on posters grammer, spelling or general intelligence. The grammartalk forum is on a different website. 

You obviously read my posts so I will go on. I read many posts that have much more errors with grammar. Do you comment on those? I was lucky enough to have a university education. But not in English grammar unfortunately. I admit you have greater knowledge of grammar than me. On a football forum what's more pertinent is football knowledge and skills. I was exceptionally talented at football and played signed up on school boy forms all my youth and was a highly sort after player even playing in the fa Cup whilst at school. Until injury cut short my dream. In semi professional football I won every trophy going and finished every season top scorer. 

I doubt you have any where near that experience. But if only I had better grammar I would be taken seriously. 

Paragraphs.

• Haha 1

On 16/01/2019 at 15:54, alan48 said:

He made one mistake last night , and yes it could have proved costly , but how many times did Reach pass to the opposition fron 2 yards or Bannan ping the ball 10 yards beyond a teamate attempting a worldy , or Hector misjudge a tackle . We won for heavens sake . Lay off them for once !

Read before posting the bloody topic. I never mentioned any other players. In fact you have. Bruce is supposed to be looking for a centre half. The topic is not to slate any player. I think Lees is playing low on confidence and not at his best. If you think he is then fair enough. But don't criticise a topic point that has not been made.