4 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Yes it is, which is why you need a captain to inspire and take control. Lees is not that type of player. However, if he could regain the confidence and form of a couple of seasons ago, I think we still have an excellent player on our books.

He's only captain because there were no other suitable candidates 

5 hours ago, cookeh said:

Not against Hector Thorniley. I'm not sure Hector's anything more than an average Championship level defender, but Lees' head (and his level) certainly has dropped. He needs a hand from somewhere, and maybe just taking away the pressure of having to be in the starting 11 regardless will help him.

Lees has been affected since been made captain,he aint captain material,not vocal enough and needs a strong willed player either aside him or behind him (Westwood)

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is more that every manager he has ever had here have all decided he is there number one defender despite the odd mistakes now and again.

He must have a lot of qualities for them all to continuously play him and I would be surprised if Bruce sees it any different.

Because we are severely lacking other options .... without Hector who would play there .. Thorniley and Pudil?! or Fox!

14 hours ago, bladeshater said:

This knocking of lees can anyone name a player who's on top of their game every week this is a poor wednesday team 

For sure. But a poor team consisting, therefore, of poor players amongst who ranks, on current form is Lees. It's worse that he's captain and de facto undroppable. Thorniley/Hector for me until form dictates otherwise...but for s centre half with pace...

He’s not been right since the Loovens partnership was broken up. Needs an experienced leader next to him and TL is not a leader.

The 3rd goal at Hull for example, he should be heading it but he flinches. Really doesn't have much technical ability.

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

He’s not been right since the Loovens partnership was broken up. Needs an experienced leader next to him and TL is not a leader.

The 3rd goal at Hull for example, he should be heading it but he flinches. Really doesn't have much technical ability.

Yet he has been our first choice CB for the last four seasons. Look how much we improved at the back end of last season when he came back from injury. 

55 minutes ago, Owlcoholic said:

For sure. But a poor team consisting, therefore, of poor players amongst who ranks, on current form is Lees. It's worse that he's captain and de facto undroppable. Thorniley/Hector for me until form dictates otherwise...but for s centre half with pace...

How many clean sheets in last seven games with Lees at CB, 4 i believe. How many over last 4 seasons. He's undroppable because he is our best CB. But that doesn't suit the current witch hunt. 

I don’t believe Tom Lees needs Loovens next to him to perform well, but I do believe that he significantly benefits from a consistent and capable partner.

Unfortuantely I don’t think we have that right now. The closest we have is Hector, so no surprise to see better defensive results with those two consistently paired together 

17 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Lees has been poor for a season and a half. I think Thorniley is a better defender and distributor of the ball and him alongside Hector I think is a good tandem.

But as Blueandwhite stated above, Lees has been a permanent fixture since he arrived, and i do not see that changing. However, Lees has been shocking recently, and his back pass to Dawson beggars belief.

It was a bad 'un, yes.

I remember Roland Nilsson doing the same thing at Hillsborough and hitting the post.

Even the best make mistakes.

All this witch hunt and scape goat rubbish mentioned on earlier posts is utter crap ! Nobody is making Lees a scape goat or starting a witch hunt. Fact in my opinion and a lot of other peoples opinion Lees is not playing his best. People discussing how to get him back to his best is not what some posters seem to be able to grasp. The captaincy must be part if not the majority of the problem for him. This seems a polite and constructive discussion compared to the genuine abuse that Fox, Palmer, Nuhui and Dawson have had recently. Where were all these posters then sticking up for players when genuine scape goating was happening ???