Definitely not playing for Jos

21 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

From the performances , it's clear he lost the dressing room weeks ago.

And the fans. This is the quietest I’ve ever known us to be at games. No passion from the manager means no passion from the players means no passion from the fans. I don’t think anyone has taken to him, and he has done very little to help himself in that. Just look at Southampton yesterday. A million miles from where we are but a new manager could have exactly the sam3 effect here. 

On 15/12/2018 at 18:16, Eaton_Swfc said:

I disagree. 

They're genuinely shït.

Yea, you cannot fake the level of incompetence and failing basics such as proper marking of opposition team players... This is both the players fault but ultimately the manager takes the blame as first in the firing line and needs to be replaced when it's clear he cannot get them to perform.

There is little that has happened to the team since they sat in 6th before that critical international break... all momentum was lost, something happened and fizz all is clicking. This collapse has been allowed to escalate for 12 weeks now (10 match weekends + another 2 week int'l break).

Before that fateful international break, we seemingly had a more settled and balanced side. Had a look in another thread, at the team sheets for those 4 impressive results which took us into the top 6, against Villa; Leeds, West Brom and Bristol City. The likes of Penney, Thorniley and Matias gave us better balance. Matias tracked back against Villa in one of our best team performances of the season. Fox wasn't in the team at the time and the youngsters were impressing. Fletcher gave us something up top for the likes of Matias and Joao to link up with and feed off. The likes of Reach and Penney were bombing forward, crossing and taking long shots. 

I think changing the team and strange substitutions, albeit because of injury or suspension, have been detrimental along with seemingly keeping some favourites in the team regardless of form? The likes of Dawson; Lees, Joey, Bannan, Reach etc seem undroppable regardless of form.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

On 15/12/2018 at 17:32, sternlad said:

Some of them aren’t though, are they? They have performed well occasionally this season...but I really don’t blame the players. I’m convinced it’s the constant chopping and changing of personnel by Jos, does he not consult the others in his team? Can they not see the obvious as we seem to be able to? It’s as if the manager and his team of coaches are trying to get the club relegated...I mean, that can’t be true can it? I may well drive up to Gloucester on Thursday as planned...and keep driving till I end up on the front row at the Octagon. If they streamed the forum they’d probably get better attendance figures than for matches...please tell me people don’t pay on the gate to get into these things.:mad:

Which players we have would get into the Leeds, Mbro, Norwich teams currently. Not one of them. They area a spineless bunch and that's being generous. But lets keep bashing the manager. Head in sand springs to mind. Do players get sacked, no, they are a protected species while ever they have a contract. Most are simply mercenaries.