Definitely not playing for Jos

4 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I disagree. 

They're genuinely shït.

Some of them aren’t though, are they? They have performed well occasionally this season...but I really don’t blame the players. I’m convinced it’s the constant chopping and changing of personnel by Jos, does he not consult the others in his team? Can they not see the obvious as we seem to be able to? It’s as if the manager and his team of coaches are trying to get the club relegated...I mean, that can’t be true can it? I may well drive up to Gloucester on Thursday as planned...and keep driving till I end up on the front row at the Octagon. If they streamed the forum they’d probably get better attendance figures than for matches...please tell me people don’t pay on the gate to get into these things.:mad:

Arsenal under Wenger, Chelsea under Conte.

Hazard was awful last season, one of the best players in the world now.

When managers lose dressing rooms, players don't go the extra 20%, they are all coasting until he's sacked.

It happens at every level of football, I am gobsmacked people aren't having it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

When managers lose dressing rooms, players don't go the extra 20%, they are all coasting until he's sacked.

Spot on, and borne out by today's post match comments from Jos regarding players not doing what they do in training. Sad state of affairs that players can and do, do this. 

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

any player that doesnt give 100% should bugger off

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, 1963owl said:

any player that doesnt give 100% should bugger off

They are only human.

I would bet my bottom dollar that most on here have put in more graft, time and effort for a boss they liked or respected.

22 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

They are only human.

I would bet my bottom dollar that most on here have put in more graft, time and effort for a boss they liked or respected.

bullshiit, give 100% or bugger off. I dont care if they like jos or not.

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

bullshiit, give 100% or bugger off. I dont care if they like jos or not.

We as humans are not programmed to do that. It's called human nature.

It's not bullshit.

The OP and Bulgaria make some important points.

The players are human beings and they have switched off from Luhukay.

I have too as just like with Irvine I cannot bear to listen to his droning platitudes.

I think there is also a collective malaise about the team.

They expect to lose under Luhukay and so they generally do.

I watched the game. Thought they all tried. Thought Fox did OK. They just can't defend. Our midfield is also useless at tracking back, useless positional sense, awful at defending. The goalie looks average but in such a defence not surprising. Can't be all down to the players being poo . 

4 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

I watched the game. Thought they all tried. Thought Fox did OK. They just can't defend. Our midfield is also useless at tracking back, useless positional sense, awful at defending. The goalie looks average but in such a defence not surprising. Can't be all down to the players being poo . 

Disagree!

Their first goal, Reach, Joao don't go with their runners. Against Rotherham nobody busted a gut. They are insulting the fans by being lazy!

One thing that I've noticed, that tells me something about the man, is that Jos still makes basic language errors, confusing German and English like will/want to and bekommen/become that lead to misinterpretation and could easily be corrected. Someone must have pointed this out to him and he certainly has access to tuition, so I can only conclude that he considers correct communication as not important or is too stubborn or arrogant to make any changes. If this is how he conducts his personal life, then I can understand why he would grate on others professionally. Nobody likes a manager that is inflexible, dismissive and unapproachable. Especially when the results are not supporting that approach.

Just my thoughts. Might be seeing too much in it. I had patience for the guy, but unfortunately, it's looking like his appointment has clearly not worked out for either him or us.