Our fault again

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

You carry on believing that.  Every time one of our players makes a pass the crowd don’t agree with , we are very vocal in making it known. 

Its a poisonous atmosphere. 

If you don’t think that has an effect on players you are mistaken.

So if the atmosphere was purely supportive they would make all the right choices? You know that isn't true.

It's a passionate following we have, if they can not handle a groan or two when they make error after error they are at the wrong club - go to Reading or Burton - they won't get many moans when it goes wrong BUT they won't get the support we get when they do well.

At some point you have to realise that if the players KEEP on putting in non performances then the paying public are not going to sit there and politely clap.

We are not asking them to be world beaters, we are not even asking them to be that good, we purely expect the basics of all basics to be done.

Passing 10 yards accurately, competing for the ball, etc

Reach was one on one and he produced a terrible attempt on goal - the crowd on a whole applauded it. I'm not sure he mentions this in the article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

Seriously !!

Absolutely, you only have to look at all the mongos blocking the steps on the Kop before kick off while they talk to their friends to see this. Some of the stuff our fans shout at our own players is horrendous, and don't get me started on social media. I'm glad Lees has stopped clapping the crowd, the rest of them should do the same and not be as fickle and two faced as our 'supporters'.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Absolutely, you only have to look at all the mongos blocking the steps on the Kop before kick off while they talk to their friends to see this. Some of the stuff our fans shout at our own players is horrendous, and don't get me started on social media. I'm glad Lees has stopped clapping the crowd, the rest of them should do the same and not be as fickle and two faced as our 'supporters'.

Have a word with yourself

Obviously an exaggerated article. No surprised from the writer and the paper it’s in.

However a direct quote that worries me "We could have fallen and conceded three or four, but we dug in and got an equaliser. We pushed for that win, but sadly it didn’t come. 

We are playing Rotherham at home and it’s clearly in players minds that they could fold and concede 3 or 4, seriously. Admittedly I was a keeper and may think different, but if I conceded I didn’t think oh poo, the flood gates could open here. Just got on with it and did my best to make sure it stayed at 1.

Whilst it is mainly s nothing article, little snippets that are direct quotes do make me question the mentality of our squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Obviously an exaggerated article. No surprised from the writer and the paper it’s in.

However a direct quote that worries me "We could have fallen and conceded three or four, but we dug in and got an equaliser. We pushed for that win, but sadly it didn’t come. 

We are playing Rotherham at home and it’s clearly in players minds that they could fold and concede 3 or 4, seriously. Admittedly I was a keeper and may think different, but if I conceded I didn’t think oh poo, the flood gates could open here. Just got on with it and did my best to make sure it stayed at 1.

Whilst it is mainly s nothing article, little snippets that are direct quotes do make me question the mentality of our squad. 

Yes, first of all I didn't read the article as Reach slating the fans even... more so that the players feel pressure of needing to perform to get the crowd on their side. We know the are capable of it, the fact that they're collectively out of form and low of confidence they must simply get around, roll up their sleeves and dig the fizz in and give 120% every match. Form and results will come, but dedication and ability to see things through is personality and professionalism... whatever is going on, they're surely being paid their wages despite the crap they're pulling and they need to show their worth. Make us see they care, collectively not just one or two standing out because we know those players who always give all they can and might make a mistake or two, but they single out all those others who fail to pull their weight.

As for that particular quote... it just shows how shot they are wrt. confidence... brittle like a house of cards. One goal conceded and it's like they're convinced they will fold completely... wtf has got into their heads. This is player management. What the hell is the manager saying to them? Sports psychologists? Have we got any? It's football, we're BOUND to concede, you don't collapse just because of picking the ball out of your own net. You fight back. You dig in. Support each other, make your team players good when they're under-performing. And if they fail on all these accounts, it all points back to Jos being the wrong man for the job... failing on tactics, formations, positions, too defensive, failing to instill that confidence needed to go out there week in and week out and do what they all really should be counting themselves fortunate and proud to do, owl crest on their blue and white shirts, playing for one of the oldest clubs there is.