Player signings

Shows that parachute payments aren't being used the way they were set up? Clubs are unfairly using it to spend on players rather than club infrastructure and wages. It doesn't always work out because just look at how Hull and Sunderland struggled this season and how Cardiff surprisingly over-achieved but generally parachute payments make things even harder for the clubs that don't receive them.

11 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

What would peoples opions be on us doing what wolves did this season going out and spending the money before any embargo due to ffp, knowing that one season in prem will more than cover those losses

Might be controversial and in a minority but I think we should go for it like that. I know last season should serve as a warning in regards with injuries but I think targeting quality young players and loan players plus shipping a few older players out would be a smart way of going about it. If it didn't work out, at least that way, we would still have our young players to build with and potential sale value if things went pear-shaped. Our biggest mistake was the scatter-gun transfer policy, not really strengthening the first 11; not bringing in pace and power, and going for proven experienced players seemingly backfired.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

On 19/05/2018 at 16:14, BRADDO said:

Absolutely. Makes me wonder if DC isn't as loaded as we believed.

I'm convinced he is not. I heard (probably old news on here) last week that he is no longer involved with his illustrious employers and all his wealth was inherited. I'm not here to bash him as he has tried get us promoted, but I do worry if he suddenly decided enough is enough, we'd be well and truly in the smelly stuff.