Early Bird Season Ticket deadline approaching faster than a Jermaine Johnson run at goal

12 hours ago, Ian said:

I went in to the shop yesterday with £5k intent on handing it all over for a 5 year extension to my sons and my North Stand season ticket and walked back out with 4k of it on a point of principal

Of the 5 year extension the lad will be U21 for 1 year and U25 for 4 years so my calculation was that he should pay 1/5th of the 5 year U21 price added to 4/5ths of the 5 year U25 price

Apparently not......he's not allowed to buy a 5 year ticket....has to do 2 separate transactions.....a 1 year U21 price with no multi year discount and a 4 year U25 price with the 4, not 5 year discount

I pointed out this seemed unfair that he wouldn't get the same discount as others despite still paying for 5 years up front (6 if you count the fact that hes still got 1 of his current 3 year deal to go) and was told "ah but he'll still save a fortune when we get in to the prem".....I save the swear filter some work by not repeating what I said in response to that!

So I just added another year on to his and mine.....and got asked "I understand why you wont do 5 years extra on his but why does that stop you taking an extra 5 years on yours"

Because it just does.....and its also stopped me buying myself that dream team picture that I was 90% down the road of taking home with me as well!

That's ridiculous and id love somebody from the club to come on and explain the reasoning behind it.

11 hours ago, wisewoodowl said:

I had a similar issue, albeit at the other end of the discount range.

I have one year left on my three year Season Ticket and qualify for a Senior concession (over 65) at the start of season 2022/23.  I would have had to buy a three year extension at full price and a two year extension at the two year senior rate.  I expected, as you did, that I would pay 3/5 of the five year full price and 2/5 of the 5 year concession rate.

I ended up buying a one year extension, 9 months interest free, on my Owls Mastercard.

This also Ridiculous.

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Totally get why you’re frustrated but in reality it seems the only person who it will cost is you.

You see like the person who will pretty much always renew so you’re going to end up costing yourself money in the long run.

if you’re principles on this are worth a few hundred quid then all power to you, but in the cold light of day you could just be cutting your nose off to spite your face 

Understand what you are saying and if it was that cut and dried I would agree. However I was already very nervous about handing over £5k to pay for season tickets 6 years in advance especially given the state of the accounts recently. You can add to that the possibility of relegation at some point which would make the discount look pretty sad and also I don't reckon this will be a one off deal.....pretty sure there will be other multi year deals in the future.

what worries me slightly about all these offers as well is the reliance on the "you'll save a fortune if we get promoted" strap line......which says that if we do get in the prem then season ticket prices will increase dramatically.....which is not what's happening elsewhere.......ticket revenue for prem clubs pales in to insignificance compared to TV money and therefore seem to be kept low to fill grounds and reward fans.....we seem to be announcing in advance that we won't be doing this