The thing is..

2 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

0-0 it was then lol

I remember you saying that

I thought about it but I was convinced we couldn’t keep a clean sheet

I wasn’t overly confident we would score which is why I said 0-1

I hope you put a bet on 0-0

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

15 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I recall Waddle having a long term injury, we almost lost the plot, however as soon as he returned, so did the heart of the team. We ain’t got a Waddle, but the return of Fessi, Hutch and Lees wouldn’t do the squad any harm, please bring it on asap Carlos.

By the time Fessi is back

We’ll need snookers

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

By the time Fessi is back

We’ll need snookers

Closed eyes and visualised Big Dave in shockingly undersized waistcoat n suit trousers walking round table chalking cue without the foggiest to what he is supposed to do !!!

Thanks for that muse Hoots ...lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Except that...

Hooper, Fletch and Rhodes give their all.

Wallace was one of our better players yesterday, and often is.

Loovens and Lees are our best defensive duo by a thousand country miles.

Im 100% convinced it's not the players. It's the instruction, the negativity, the caution, the rigidity.

It's a bit of both for me mate. 

Loovens and Lees are our best pairing but they're stilll not good enough. Slow and not comfortable or assertive with the ball at their feet. Van Aken was supposed to be an upgrade but defensively he's League 2 standard. 

If you think Wallace is one of our better players then you're deluded. Scores the odd screamer but he's way past it and shouldn't command a shirt every week. Has no pace, predictable in his play and  goes missing for large periods. Having said that god knows why CC never plays him on the left where he was at his best for Burnley an Preston. Had his best performance in a Wednesday shirt second half against Bristol City last season. Means he can whip a ball in without checking back and trying the perfect ball in. Another questionable decision by Carlos but there you go, lost count of them. 

I think the club is stale throughout. The manager, tactics, players. Change and a boost is needed if we want Play Offs. This season has mid table obscurity all over it.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

"Pavlovian red mist" - like that.

I agree with your first paragraph. I suspect that unwittingly he does infect the players with caution rather than confidence. 

As an example, and I know now the subject of his press conferences has been done to death, but the way he bulls up Bolton, Birmingham, Burton etc etc feels like the air being slowly let out of a paper bag.

Yeah it's a tricky one to criticse in a way, 'cos the way we've come from behind so often - especially in the closing stages of games, when the pressure's really building - clearly shows that he's doing well at keeping the players calm and focussed. I just think we're far TOO calm at times, spend 60min every game looking like tomorrow will do.

I almost wish he'd stick around as head coach, and we get a more old-school donkey jacket manager in to do the half-time hairdryer treatments, talk up the forthcoming games for the cameras, bluff and psyche out the opposition, and whatnot. Would be a great backroom team IMO. Total pipedream though.

Edited by Mr. Tom