5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

We will need more in january: we get fewer tickets (I think) than at Villa; there will be higher demand; there will have been 2 months more away games in which to accrue points. 

Yep, but it's fair to say that if you are struggling to get one for Villa you won't be going to Bramall Lane.

i also think the allocation is very similar.

I also don't think demand will be too different when you take account of the fact that only supporters that go to a lot of away matches will have a chance.

most supporters who go to a lot of away matches will go to Villa.

the extra demand for Bramall a lane will come from the away fan that picks and chooses - they won't be getting a ticket for either.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Yep, but it's fair to say that if you are struggling to get one for Villa you won't be going to Bramall Lane.

i also think the allocation is very similar.

I also don't think demand will be too different when you take account of the fact that only supporters that go to a lot of away matches will have a chance.

most supporters who go to a lot of away matches will go to Villa.

the extra demand for Bramall a lane will come from the away fan that picks and chooses - they won't be getting a ticket for either.

Yes that's what I meant to say, it will be a good guide as to how far up or down you are in the pecking order

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

True. I can't make Villa but would go the S2 if I had enough points - doubt 600 will be enough though. 

If if your not going to villa could I borrow the use of your id?

i have enough but want to take my son. 

Needed 610 points to get Derby tickets on first day, and that was with an allocation of 3100.

Not sure what the allocation for Villa will be, I went last season but can't remember, but with a number of away games to come before the pigs I wouldn't be surprised if you need at least 700 or probably even more.  I'm currently on 670, and will be adding Villa, and probably Forest and Brentford so may be pushing it.  Can't justify doing Ipswich/Norwich now they're on Sky, and I try to avoid Reading as it's the most boring away trip of the season.  Maybe an away trip for the FA Cup third round to come as well, although obviously we'd get points for attending a home tie as well but that'd be unlikely to make a difference to TPP due to the numbers attending.

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Needed 610 points to get Derby tickets on first day, and that was with an allocation of 3100.

Not sure what the allocation for Villa will be, I went last season but can't remember, but with a number of away games to come before the pigs I wouldn't be surprised if you need at least 700 or probably even more.  I'm currently on 670, and will be adding Villa, and probably Forest and Brentford so may be pushing it.  Can't justify doing Ipswich/Norwich now they're on Sky, and I try to avoid Reading as it's the most boring away trip of the season.  Maybe an away trip for the FA Cup third round to come as well, although obviously we'd get points for attending a home tie as well but that'd be unlikely to make a difference to TPP due to the numbers attending.

I actually think 700 will guarantee Day 1 sale for the Stain, 670 probably enough already with a 2.2k allocation.  

Happy to stand corrected but I don't think it was as high as 700 for Day 1 Huddersfield semi last year