Over Hyped or Another Error?

As much as I hate the fact fans are being charged upto £49 for a Championship match. The fact that it is all but a sell out proves its not too expensive. While ever DC is preoccupied with FFP Rule and Hillsborough has a reduced capacity we are all going to have to accept it. I personally will be watching the match in the pub because I can't afford to go. If I had the money I would begrudgingly pay for this one.

28 minutes ago, Cowle70 said:

Record receipts are usually Cup games due to season tickets. Think the record for a Wednesday match at Hillsborough is about £500,000 against Man U League Cup Semi 1994.

Yes, good point.... i meant league game :biggrin:

On 20/09/2017 at 13:58, elyowl1 said:

You forgot the monthly broadband connection too lol .

For one person to argue they cant afford £42 for a ticket unless they are unemployed , knowing this fixture has been due since the end of the season is absurd how much would they pay £20.

I get it if it's a family of four but for a one off game for an individual who's not a member or a season ticket holder I have no sympathy , get a part time job for a week , one shift would have covered the expense. 

Of course it’s easy to make it sound affordable as a one-off event but that’s not how following a football team works really.

20 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Probably not as much as DC IMO!

Just done a little research on Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield owner. Since he took over the club (cost not known) he has invested 34 million to cover trading losses up until May 2014, with the club expecting to lose a further 6 million for 2015, which he has covered too. Gate receipts and season ticket sales were down by 6% and walk up sales down 16% in the last audited accounts, despite holding prices. So without Hoyle they would be in a financial mess. These losses are before transfer payments and development at their training ground. So he has put in a significant amoun, which should not be underestimated. These figures are given in the Huddersfield Examiner (newspaper) if you are interested. Still the truth is we don't actually know the exact amounts either chairman has put in, we simply don't know, so why guess ??

On 20/09/2017 at 13:21, yeadonowl said:

its all about peoples priorities. everyone knew it would be category A so its amazing that still people are using this as an excuse

the fixtures have been out since June so most working people will have had 3 pay days to cobble together £40

to then say NOW Tv is £6.99 to watch it is fine but you still need something to watch it on whether it be a smart tv (couple of hundred quid min), via a games console (£200 minimum) or via a PC (again £200 minimum)

How far do you take this line of thought? 

Should people sit in the dark to save on the leccy? Miss meals? Sell a kidney?

24 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Just done a little research on Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield owner. Since he took over the club (cost not known) he has invested 34 million to cover trading losses up until May 2014, with the club expecting to lose a further 6 million for 2015, which he has covered too. Gate receipts and season ticket sales were down by 6% and walk up sales down 16% in the last audited accounts, despite holding prices. So without Hoyle they would be in a financial mess. These losses are before transfer payments and development at their training ground. So he has put in a significant amoun, which should not be underestimated. These figures are given in the Huddersfield Examiner (newspaper) if you are interested. Still the truth is we don't actually know the exact amounts either chairman has put in, we simply don't know, so why guess ??

Wasn't underestimating his input mate ,Hoyle has obviously put a substantial amount in and as I put IMO in my post that's all it was an opinion. Would be interesting to compare though seeing as Hudds won the golden ticket in may .