Burnley want lees again

Just now, Almat said:

And hadn't he been the subject of a 1 million quid bid from a Championship club just a few months before we bought him? And what does the fact he isn't a CB have anything to do with your argument? You stated we weren't in the speculative stage and I simply gave you a signing that really was. Can I have my goal posts back, please? You seem to have moved them and now I don't know where they are....

Well, you moved them first.

Why bring up Reach?

Even if I accept Reach was a Speculative signing - that doesn't actually mean anything or prove a point.

Back when we signed Lees, our signings were mostly speculative, and one solid signing (Westwood). That year we signed:

2crx2zb.jpg

The year we signed Reach, these were our Signings:

211tbug.jpg

Mostly proven signings.

So whats your point?

23 minutes ago, Almat said:

And hadn't he been the subject of a 1 million quid bid from a Championship club just a few months before we bought him? And what does the fact he isn't a CB have anything to do with your argument? You stated we weren't in the speculative stage and I simply gave you a signing that really was. Can I have my goal posts back, please? You seem to have moved them and now I don't know where they are....

12 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Well, you moved them first.

Why bring up Reach?

Even if I accept Reach was a Speculative signing - that doesn't actually mean anything or prove a point.

Back when we signed Lees, our signings were mostly speculative, and one solid signing (Westwood). That year we signed:

2crx2zb.jpg

The year we signed Reach, these were our Signings:

211tbug.jpg

Mostly proven signings.

So whats your point?

I would also point out that replacing our left wing options from 2015/16 of:

Sougou, Helan, McGeady, Lavery, Matias

With a speculative signing is absolutley nothing like replacing Tom Lees (multiple season proven Championshiop Defender) with a speculative replacement.

While I wouldn't want our best players to leave and tom lees certainly falls into that category we have to accept that being a top championship side with top championship players has the downside that other clubs will covet them

for what it's worth I don't think any of our players are irreplaceable if we get the right money for them the one exception is Westwood 

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

What  have they got to offer. The only possible move he would consider would be an established Premier side where he is going to play every week. He is no bench warmer and would only go for guaranteed first team in the Prem.

if he's waiting for an established prem club where he's guaranteed a place he could well qualify for a testimonial here ........ 

Guest RocketOwl
10 hours ago, A12owl said:

Rocket....we are in agreement again. Hopefully he will see the possibilities of being in the premier with us. If Maguire was worth £15m ? Surely Lees is worth at least that. 

Yeah don't think there is even that much difference between Lees and say someone like Michael Keane - other than Keane has had the chance to prove it in the premier league.

Hopefullu Tom will have that chance with us after next season and show the same level of improvement and career progression:

Lets say we're being biased and Lees isn't worth much more than 5 million quid (only hypothetical so don't through your coffee at me... or beer if you're a student given its 6.25am). How gutted must L**ds be that they've let us have Lees for free. Bearing in mind the above sum of money and the fact that he's helped marshall a very tight defence for several seasons, it makes me chuckle!