2017-18 Tactics

This is what bothers me. He won't sway from the 442 which is fine if he changes how we play it. Basically we don't show enough ambition/attack enough/score enough goals. 

To be top two you need to win games 3-0 4-1 etc and we just don't. 

We we did play some good stuff in CC's first year with quick tempo but we were lacking ultimately so he tried the solid approach last year which despite us 'improving' we didn't get better. So he HAS to change this year again but....

In both years he tries to play his favourites even if it's out of position. Can you see him not playing Bannan, Wallace, Reach and even Fletcher ?? No he'll find a way to get them in which IMO will be his downfall.

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is what bothers me. He won't sway from the 442 which is fine if he changes how we play it. Basically we don't show enough ambition/attack enough/score enough goals. 

To be top two you need to win games 3-0 4-1 etc and we just don't. 

We we did play some good stuff in CC's first year with quick tempo but we were lacking ultimately so he tried the solid approach last year which despite us 'improving' we didn't get better. So he HAS to change this year again but....

In both years he tries to play his favourites even if it's out of position. Can you see him not playing Bannan, Wallace, Reach and even Fletcher ?? No he'll find a way to get them in which IMO will be his downfall.

Fletcher?

He started only 22 and always in his obvious role.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Fletcher?

He started only 22 and always in his obvious role.

Ok Fletcher for me didn't add much too us. He had a little burst at the end of the year but overall I didn't think he was better than what we had. Decent footballer but misses a lot and doesn't score enough, plus doesn't really fit how we play. But even if he wasn't starting he was introduced off the bench a lot when there were better options IMO

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ok Fletcher for me didn't add much too us. He had a little burst at the end of the year but overall I didn't think he was better than what we had. Decent footballer but misses a lot and doesn't score enough, plus doesn't really fit how we play. But even if he wasn't starting he was introduced off the bench a lot when there were better options IMO

Quality striker at this level.

Scored one fewer than FF despite far less game time. Under-rated imo.

15 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Fletchers goal to mins ratio was something like 190, which is 20 a season form

Yes I am delighted with his goals. Never been prolific but he has scored at a better rate than Hooper, Forestieri, Winnall and Rhodes. Plus he has worked his nuts off.