Next season

Hope we keep Carlos next season. even if we don't go up.

He will get it right next season, however I am pretty confident we will do it this season.

Last season we played good football, but we're not tough enough to match the big teams.

This season our football has suffered because he has tried to make up more competitive in the bigger games and tougher to break down on the whole.

Next season he will strike the balance perfectly, if he doesn't stumble upon before then.

Depends on which division we end up in , worse case scenario we stay in the championship then our 1st signing is Rhodes and that's £10 million spent if the transfer has been reported correctly.

I can see Hanley coming in as he allegedly was our priority last summer and is probably surplus to requirements at Newcastle. 

New right midfield and one at central midfield.

Get promoted then it's a new ballgame as our requirements may be entirely different. 

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

Depends on which division we end up in , worse case scenario we stay in the championship then our 1st signing is Rhodes and that's £10 million spent if the transfer has been reported correctly.

I can see Hanley coming in as he allegedly was our priority last summer and is probably surplus to requirements at Newcastle. 

New right midfield and one at central midfield.

Get promoted then it's a new ballgame as our requirements may be entirely different. 

Depends what kind of stupid wages Newcastle are paying Hanley, reports were they offered £60 grand a week just so he wouldn't sign for anyone else.

38 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Depends what kind of stupid wages Newcastle are paying Hanley, reports were they offered £60 grand a week just so he wouldn't sign for anyone else.

In that case they can keep him lol 

I'm pretty certain Hanley will be available, as he couldn't force his way into their championship side, mainly down to the impressive form of Clark and Lascelles When they go up, they will strengthen in that area as well. Unless our interest has wained, then there could be a deal to be had. I know a few on here were unsure about him, but for us to offer over £4m, then we must have thought he was the ideal candidate

As well as the misgivings in defence we need a couple of players (right and left footed) who can play on their own side and get crosses in fro the byline.Instead of always having to cut inside to get on their strong foot. 

On 4/11/2017 at 09:57, gurujuan said:

If we don't go up, because if we do, everything changes, what do we have to do to get one of the automatic places next season?

Personally, I don't see big changes, it's not Mr Chansiri's style, and the reality is, we don't have too much leeway with the FFP restrictions, without wheeling and dealing. We might change the coach, but unless Carlos wanted to leave, that too is unlikely. In fact, there really is no need for big changes as once again, barring a big fall away in results, we are going to finish the season in or around the play offs. The chairman might feel we are still making progress, and with better luck with injuries, and perhaps, a more targeted approach to recruitment, next year could be the year. He will be concerned though, with the entertainment that has been served up, not least because his stated aim was, that we will entertain. We may of course, still triumph through the play offs, in which case there will probably be a great many changes. If not, a more considered approach is needed

"don't see big changes, it's not Mr Chansiri's style"

Mr C has splashed the cash on loads of signings, it seems to me that it's more like Carlos doesn't like change.

Edited by lukestheman82