A Quick Run Down of Last Night

Clearly it was a much improved performance, but I think on a few occasions we rode our luck and at times lost a little cohesion in midfield.  Some of this may have been due to their diamond formation.  Still it was great to see two forwards looking sharp and working hard for the team.  Also, it was good to see Jack Hunt put in a few dangerous crosses with the forwards looking a serious threat.  More of this and we will improve the goal difference without a doubt. May it continue over the next 16 games!

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Good performance and a good win against a decent side. Our woodwork played a blinder blocking everything. 2 proper attackers. Fox looked decent, Hunt played well.

Hope Fessi can get his head right, he's very important but he needs to accept that if we need him on the wing he should accept it, similarly if he gets subbed it's because that's what the manager thinks best. He's part of a team, potentially a very good team.

I'm still confused by Sasso ducking that cross, at first it looked like he got a shout from another player but I can't see who would have done that. Maybe it was just a brain fart, could have cost us.

Clearly reacting to a huge shout from Westwood to leave it.

Think Sasso has been a breath of fresh air to be honest.

Looks fairly calm and his distribution is a huge asset to us.

38 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Agreed. More of an asset than a liability that is for sure.

Good summary from

last night and I think Esp with hunts early cross and fox's positioning it indicated that Carlos had said that he wants the ball in the box. No point having that pairing up top with their aerial ability if the ball doesn't come in at every opportunity! Macca had to be a start in the next game I'd suggest and as much as it wasn't Nando's finest hour he did have them on the back foot every time he had the ball and is a great team threat from the left and floating! 

I feel for Hutchinson, such a quality player having to do two/three jobs at once.

Not only the DM anchor, but auxiliary centre back and right back. Great cross from Hunt for Winnal's goal, but I dispair at two transfer windows having passed without a replacement. I cringe every time the opposition attack out right side.

4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

It looked like a shout but Westwood wasn't in a position to take the ball and the opposition player was too close, he wasn't far from connecting.

I agree Sasso has been very good in the last couple of games. Much better than a lot give him credit for.