2nd Team

6 hours ago, BrainJoicey said:

Wildsmith

Palmer         Semedo     Sasso    Urby    

Buckley          Abdi        Jones        McGugan

Matias        'Big Dave'

I'm sure for some of you 1 or 2 of these players would be 1st choice (Palmer / Abdi ?) but looking at all the threads and trying to pick best 11 and formation, with the talent we currently have there are so many permutations all of which are meaningless anyway (unless CC canvasses Owlstalk  before picking his team!).

So for a change, I thought I would look at an alternative 11 and wondered how they would play in the Championship ? No doubting of course that our 2nd 11 would wipe the floor with the Bacon Boys at S2 !!  

Only highlights for me the shortage of cover we have at centre half.

Would only take Loovens and Lees to pick up a knock apiece or a suspension and it suddenly looks very thin.

I know, I know, Hutch is a cracking centre half....but watching us in midfield when he's not in it is like spending 90 Minutes watching Sisyphus rolling the boulder up a hill for 90 Minutes.

I refuse to belive the coaching staff aren't concerned about it too.

I think (hope!) That the only reason it wasn't addressed in the summer was because we refused to pay daft money rather than simply not being concerned enough. 

6 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Jose Semedo & Lewis McGugan should be nowhere near out 2nd team. 

First team then?

It is remarkable really that Semedo is regularly described as too limited for the Championship a lot of the time. He's just a League one tackler etc. And that might be the case...

And yet he played one more telling pass in his 3 minutes at Wigan than Jones had in 90 Minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

20170206_222616.png20170206_222834.png

1 nil to the 1st 11 i reckon

That first team is the system I had hoping we'd play all season.

Allowing Lee and Bannan to push on and get in the areas where they do their best work. 

As frustrated as I have been by Bannan playing so deep this season, I suspect I'm not as frustrated as the player himself.

Lee is a massive loss isn't he. But in the first system you suggest here I would also think that we would get the best out of Abdi. (though that is open to debate as we've hardly seen much of him at all. ) Indeed when we signed him I did think that it would be with this sort of system in mind. 

FF allowed to roam and find the space and overall a system where two wide players AND two midfield players would have licence to support our striker.

Yes. Stick Fox in for Pudil who I think has struggled and that is the side and system I would pick week in and week out. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That first team is the system I had hoping we'd play all season.

Allowing Lee and Bannan to push on and get in the areas where they do their best work. 

As frustrated as I have been by Bannan playing so deep this season, I suspect I'm not as frustrated as the player himself.

Lee is a massive loss isn't he. But in the first system you suggest here I would also think that we would get the best out of Abdi. (though that is open to debate as we've hardly seen much of him at all. ) Indeed when we signed him I did think that it would be with this sort of system in mind. 

FF allowed to roam and find the space and overall a system where two wide players AND two midfield players would have licence to support our striker.

Yes. Stick Fox in for Pudil who I think has struggled and that is the side and system I would pick week in and week out. 

I haven't seen Fox play live so I thought it might ne a bit of a slight to a fine servant in Pudil but he has been struggling, possibly with the formation?

If Lee was fit i think this is our go to first 11. Not dissimilar to the way we played against Arsenal last season, although without FF

1 minute ago, Warnocchio said:

Not dissimilar to the way we played against Arsenal last season, although without FF

Given how well we did in that game with that system I'm surprised it hasn't become the standard operating procedure.

With Rhodes instead of Joao and Fernando instead of Helan it is mouthwatering. 

Ok here's mine... 442 as that's the formation we play:

1st Team

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Fox

McManaman Lee Hutch Wallace

Forestieri Rhodes

2nd Team

Wildsmith

Hunt Sasso Semedo Pudil

Reach Bannan Jones Matias

Hooper Winnall

3rd Team