Howard Wilkinson

In modern day football players are trained much better and are much fitter. Also the influx of foreign players to English football has lead to greater competition amongst squads and raised the quality of the game.

For that reason if our current side played that of 83-84 i honestly feel that we would win.

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yeah like we did in the second replay with Everton  0-5 I think it was and they were given just as much stick as yesterday ! 

that wasnt the 83-84 side ......the heart of the side had left by the time that game was played .

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I know it's a bit later but I always think of the treatment Hirst used to get...especially from Arsenals legendary defence...It was horrific.

It wasn't just Adams and Bould, Winterburn and Dixon weren't particular either. But I used to enjoy watching Brucie against Hirst. Normally you wouldn't expect to see a professional footballer with a figure like his, but in Brucie's case it was an asset. His speciality was bodychecking, and although he'd got a big belly it was as hard as rock. I bet when old leadbelly buffeted you it was like being hit with a bag of cement. A Brucie bonus, so to speak. lol