Our Midfield

Guest Gazzaswfc

We do know what Palmer is capable of, and he'll be very lucky (in my humble opinion) to make half a dozen starts for us. The fact that he's fairly local, and a Wednesday fan, doesn't mean he deserves a place in the team.

Agree, but from what I have seen of Palmer, and what I have seen of Vermijl, I would say Palmer is more consistent and better defensively. 

Neither would start in front of Hunt though. (For now)

Edited by SBOwl

The differences between Palmer and Vermijl are two fold. We've seen enough of Palmer to know he's not up to Championship football, whereas we've actually not seen enough of Vermijl to form an opinion one way or the other, and, like it or not, Vermijl was in Belgium's back up squad for the last World Cup (so probably isn't that bad), but Palmer will never got beyond the odd appearance he's had for Scotland Under 21's, and will certainly never get anywhere near a World Cup.

Edited by Wolfmanjack

The differences between Palmer and Vermijl are two fold. We've seen enough of Palmer to know he's not up to Championship football, whereas we've actually not seen enough of Vermijl to form an opinion one way or the other, and, like it or not, Vermijl was in Belgium's back up squad for the last World Cup (so probably isn't that bad), but Palmer will never got beyond the odd appearance he's had for Scotland Under 21's, and will certainly never get anywhere near a World Cup.

Palmer was also an integral part of last seasons back 5 who kept 17 clean sheets. 

We started conceding lots more goals when him and Loovens were injured. 

Anyway, hopefully we wont need to use either, and Hunt will be a star player for us. 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

<p>

How my squad would look, with back-ups following Carlos' 2 players for every position quote.

Westwood

(Price)

Lees Loovens

Hunt (Lachman) (Sasso) New

(Palmer) (Helan)

Melo

(Semedo)

Lopez McGugan

(Lee) (Croasdale)

New Matias

(Wallace) (Lavery)

New

(Bus)

• Croasdale get in ahead of Hutchinson as Hutch is too defensive. Great utility player though.
  • Bus as he is an unknown quantity, and seems to be playing a lot pre-season.
  • Palmer ahead of Vermilj as we know what he is capable of.

Every single point is spot on

Agree with everything

What I noticed a lot of the time at Alfreton and Ilkeston was that both Wallace and Mattias often came inside to get onto the ball. Both full backs will have massive roles for us in the style of play we've been trying to do. With them getting forward all the time you definitely need a stron defensive midfielder to fill in either gap to cover.