Brian Woodall

Guest minsk owl

How hard does Gerry Young look in that team photo...scary!!

also looks like Whitham is havin' a laugh at Warboys barnet  :biggrin:

I think they did. L××ds won the league that year so it was arguably our best result that season. 3-1 away win. Mind you we did beat the current European champs 5-4 at Hillsborough as well. Great days. Still don't know how we went down the following season.

"arguably our best result that season" is a bit of an understatement .......for me its the greatest performance i´ve ever seen in my 53 years watching us ....wednesday were awesome that night .

Did you know he was German  ?- possibly the only German player to have played for Wednesday?

he was christened wolfgang by his german mum ,when they came back to sheffield his dad thought it may be a good idea to change to wilf .........

Leeds battered us in the first game for about half an hour they just swarmed allover us,just before halftime McCalliog broke away and put Ritchie in on goal,a hopefull punt went through sprake somehow,and big Jack gave sprake some right grief over the goal,with hunter joining in.We turned the tide 2nd half and we were very unlucky not to win in the end.

The replay was an outstanding game,little albert johanssen started upfront for them and bremner limped of after about 20 mins,Eustace had a supeb game and had a huge influence on the game,with young Woodhall taking the headlines for his goals.

Les cocker shook the hand of every single owls player that night.It was a game to match that famous 5-4 win over man u the following season.

The win brought Birmingham to hillsbro in round 4  for an equally exciting game which ended 2-2,we lost the replay,and over 200,000 people watched all four games!