The reason we don't score......

Guest wrightson

Can say what you like about reasons we don't score , fact is we didn't score at least one goal last night due to Atdhe Nuhius incapacity to hit a barn door nothing to do with coaching staff

We simply don't have enough players in the team who score goals

In the past we had defenders and midfielders who scored now we don't.

I would say only May Maguire Maghoma have any kind of goal scoring history but apart from Maguires 10 last season this has been at a lower level.

Players don't simply become goalscorers, it is a talent you are born with and we don't have enough of them.

It is quite bizarre that Gray thinks we are going to start scoring cos we ain't with the players we have.

Guest wrightson

Can say what you like about reasons we don't score , fact is we didn't score at least one goal last night due to Atdhe Nuhius incapacity to hit a barn door nothing to do with coaching staff

Could be seen as coaching. Unholy is not aggressive enough at attacking the ball like the rest of the team. We lack conviction that could be coached in to players but they have to want it too

Atdhe's all round play is decent , he's more than capable of getting himself into goalscoring positions and scored a wonderful goal away at Man City

He is not consistent enough , last night he should have scored at least 1 goal and he only has himself to blame for the fact he didn't and we drew 0-0

He has a responsibility as a striker to put the ball in the net on a regular basis , you can't say there isn't enough creativity and he doesn't get chances because facts are he gets chances most games just doesnt take them

Yeah maybe the coaching staff should focus a bit more on finishing with him but ultimately the responsibility is his

We don't move up as a team so when it goes up to Nuhiu he is isolated. Also the central midfield plays too deep so aren't there to pick up second balls.

Hence 15 clean sheets. We can blame the fwds for not scoring and praise the center halves for not conceding. Fact is, the system we play has a much larger factor in these two facts than how well or poor individual players play.

I agree we need to play further up the pitch , and maybe take a few risks rather than playing around on the halfway line , sideways , backwards , it's like watching Ray Wilkins doing the crab like shuffle . 

And I do think coaching could improve Nuhiu's heading ability - that's their job .Football isn't all innate ability and as they say , practice makes perfect .He must know it's something he needs to work on , so get in there and get him working on it !

I agree we need to play further up the pitch , and maybe take a few risks rather than playing around on the halfway line , sideways , backwards , it's like watching Ray Wilkins doing the crab like shuffle .

And I do think coaching could improve Nuhiu's heading ability - that's their job .Football isn't all innate ability and as they say , practice makes perfect .He must know it's something he needs to work on , so get in there and get him working on it !

As much as i agree with your post, heading a ball is more than what can be coached. If your timing isn't great or if you aren't brave and worry about busting your nose then you've no chance of perfecting it. Nuhui needs to be committed and get an haircut. Then he might win more balls in air.

As much as i agree with your post, heading a ball is more than what can be coached. If your timing isn't great or if you aren't brave and worry about busting your nose then you've no chance of perfecting it. Nuhui needs to be committed and get an haircut. Then he might win more balls in air.

come on this int right. 

there are 100s of sunday footy players on here who aint fit to even think of being a pro level player, who have headed balls 1000s of times and NEVER worried/thought about breaking your nose.... its just NOT something Atdhe will think about, even for a second, or anyone else for that matter.