Anyone see Hirsty's England B debut?

Guest ka58

I don't see what deane did particularly wrong to be called that other than play for united.

Good player decent bloke.

Good player Brian Deane - Francis tried to sign him iirc, went to Leeds instead.

I would have been 13 at the time. I remember being on holiday in Benidorm in a pub called "The Cumbrian Bar" where there was a tv in the far corner of the pub with teletext on. From sat ouside I remember making the scorer out for England.  Bloody Sky spoilt all the fun now.

One of my fondest memories of being an Owl. Local match for me and my dad living in Solihull, an amazing atmosphere, small ground (too small as before new stand installed but the FA wouldn't have counted on such a big Sheffield related support) and literally all you could hear was sheffield chants, of course mainly from wednesdayites due to 3 players appearing. All 3 played well from memory, Hirst, unsurprisingly was in his element, scoring for fun. No idea why Pressman wasn't in goal as always more consistent than Martyn. Probably a consequence of it starting look like biased selection of Wednesday players. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!

Guest davylowe

One of my fondest memories of being an Owl. Local match for me and my dad living in Solihull, an amazing atmosphere, small ground (too small as before new stand installed but the FA wouldn't have counted on such a big Sheffield related support) and literally all you could hear was sheffield chants, of course mainly from wednesdayites due to 3 players appearing. All 3 played well from memory, Hirst, unsurprisingly was in his element, scoring for fun. No idea why Pressman wasn't in goal as always more consistent than Martyn. Probably a consequence of it starting look like biased selection of Wednesday players. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!

Good times indeed

Very proud day

Edited by davylowe