Antonio's a great little player, he always put in the effort even when he's having an off day.

Felt for him last night, he was obviously shattered in the second half and probably would have gone off if we hadn't made 3 subs.

But he seemed to get 'a second wind' in the last 10 minutes and kept going......massive credit for that.

If he can stay injury free he will only get better..

I have a to talk different outlook on his performance. I always think having Antonio in the side is a hindrance. In my opinion he always looks like he's trying to do it all on his own as he would have had to under our previous management regime. There were countless times when a simple pass would have been the more fruitful but he chose to put his head down and run into blind alleys. Don't get me wrong, I like Antonio but I think he needs to develop a footballing brain. The fact he scored is getting him out of jail a bit in terms of looking at his actual performance.....

Here lies the problem, and it's why I said earlier he will only get better.

Antonio's decison making isn't the best, but like Spurr before him, feels he's battling single handedly.

If/once we get some decent players around him, more game time and a defined role, I feel he'll become a really good player.

Usually I'd agree but he was much better with the ball last night.

Used the ball sensibly, caused arguably the best fullback in the league real real problems, scored and worked hard for the team.

Top performance on the wing for me.

This

His performance was noticeably different last night. When he got the ball it looked like he knew what he was going to do every time, whether it was a simple pass (which he never did before) or run at their defence

Top performance

Here lies the problem, and it's why I said earlier he will only get better.

Antonio's decison making isn't the best, but like Spurr before him, feels he's battling single handedly.

If/once we get some decent players around him, more game time and a defined role, I feel he'll become a really good player.

I think playing him on the wing and not up top is a great place to start (re defined role).

He was excellent, been a really frustrating season for him. Made a slow start as they all did under Jones, bar probably Kirkland. Then of course the morons claim he's not good enough, despite the fact he got 9 goals and about 11 assists from the wing last season, on form he's our best player and we need to be building the squad around players like him.