Would you take 3 points from the final 3 games?

There is a scenario where we can go down with 58 points, but we cannot go down with 59. The assumption is that every other result goes against us and I'm not betting against that. So a win and two draws makes it mathematically certain.  

If we get to 58 it means only one from Huddersfield and Barnsley can catch us. If we get to 59 then it means that we got at least a draw at Peterborough who could themselves then only get 58.

If we lost at Peterborough and won the other two games both Peterborough and ourselves would have 60. However because we would have beaten Ipswich to do that one of Ipswich, Burnley or Wolves would also have to finish below us. 

59 makes it a mathematical certainty. 

I'd absolutely take 3 points (leaving us with 57).

There is no chance that Barnsley, Blackburn, Wolves, Huddersfield, Burnley etc will ALL get to 58 to relegate us. Not a chance.

3 points will be enough, and Saturday is the first of three excellent opportunities to seal those points. Fingers crossed.

I agree that one more win should do it but it's good to be aware of the worst case scenario just in case. In fact a win against Ipswich, defeat for Huddersfield vs Millwall, and no more than a draw for Barnsley at Forest this Saturday and we are safe barring a massive goal difference turn round for Huddersfield in their last two games.

It would be nice to go to Peterborough, never mind against Middlesbrough not having to worry about getting a result. 

6 points I think we will get but 3 more will do it,but if m,m does not spend again its  will be the seem again nexst season fighting against the drop we have been very poor since yrs 2000 m,m need to spend or try nd sell to a man who will  spend or teams like hull even 9k fans millwall will do better than the MASSIVE I rest my case

Edited by Marky M