The case for Dave Jones.......

Guest mcduk

Fans need to look at the bigger picture here...

Youth Academy - 5 years from now we will be producing some quality players from there that could make us a lot of money. 2-3 years from now and some of the players in there now will be playing for us! Lavery and Mckenzie for example.

His scouting network - yes it hasn't really worked this season but no other manager available atm is capable of bringing in a Barca B player.

The Risk - I know it's risky for him to stay till the end of the season but I think he deserves to at least Febuary to see if he can improve the team over january. I'm still confident we can stay up this season and have a miles better season the season after but lets see what happens!

Youth Academy - 5 years from now we will be producing some quality players from there that could make us a lot of money. 2-3 years from now and some of the players in there now will be playing for us! Lavery and Mckenzie for example.

His scouting network - yes it hasn't really worked this season but no other manager available atm is capable of bringing in a Barca B player.

The Risk - I know it's risky for him to stay till the end of the season but I think he deserves to at least Febuary to see if he can improve the team over january. I'm still confident we can stay up this season and have a miles better season the season after but lets see what happens!

Yep, one who can't get a starting place in front of all our failing strikers. Sums DJ up for me.

This was a joke thread ya know. lol

I bet they are gutted about that. lol

A Barca B striker who lets be honest on the whole has looked way short of the standard so far, but as also been cast aside by the manager who signed him.

While we're on the scouting networks... Pecnik.... Jesus Christ.

Onto giving him the next transfer window to turn it around....

Errrr... He's bought in 18 new players since the end of last season.

How do you ship some of those out and trust the man who bought them in the first place to then replace them with better player and still be able to manage them correctly and start getting results?

Whilst some of Jones' signings can very clearly be justifiably criticised, is it realistic to expect great results by asking the manager to rebuild two thirds of a Championship level squad in the space of a few weeks with just £1.25m? Jordan Rhodes might end up costing Blackburn six times that amount all by himself.

Whilst some of Jones' signings can very clearly be justifiably criticised, is it realistic to expect great results by asking the manager to rebuild two thirds of a Championship level squad in the space of a few weeks with just £1.25m? Jordan Rhodes might end up costing Blackburn six times that amount all by himself.

Few things...

Did the squad need rebuilding in quite the major way it has been?

Did we really need to bring in 18 players... Why not a lesser amount? A cliche, but quality over quantity?

This is Huddersfields dealings since promotion...

22 June MF Sean Scannell Crystal Palace Undisclosed

27 June DF Paul Dixon Dundee United Free

29 June MF Oliver Norwood Manchester United Undisclosed

6 July MF Adam Clayton Leeds United Undisclosed

11 July DF Joel Lynch Nottingham Forest Free

26 July MF Keith Southern Blackpool Undisclosed

7 August DF Anthony Gerrard Cardiff City £350,000

24 August FW James Vaughan Norwich City End of season

31 August MF Adam Hammill Wolverhampton Wanderers January 2013

28 September FW Jermaine Beckford Leicester City December 2012

8 November FW Simon Church Reading December 2012

This is Charltons dealings since promotion...

9 July 2012 DF Lawrie Wilson Stevenage Undisclosed [1]

9 July 2012 FW Jordan Cook Sunderland Free [1]

1 August 2012 MF Salim Kerkar Rangers Free [2]

17 August 2012 DF Dorian Dervite Villarreal B Free [3]

21 August 2012 FW Ricardo Fuller Stoke City Free [4]

28 August 2012 GK David Button Tottenham Hotspur Undisclosed [5]

9 November 2012 MF Courtney Harris Fulham Free [6]

29 September 2012 MF Abdul Razak Manchester City 1 January 2013 [12]

1 October 2012 FW Rob Hulse Queens Park Rangers 1 January 2013 [13]

1 October 2012 MF James Ashton Chelsea 30 June 2013 [14]

9 November 2012 DF Danny Seaborne Southampton 9 December 2012 [15]

9 November 2012 MF Eggert Jónsson Wolverhampton Wanderers 9 December 2012 [16]

19 November 2012 MF Emmanuel Frimpong Arsenal 1 January 2013 [17]

Why is there such a gulf between our performances and result and those of the other two promoted teams, especially when you consider how far ahead of Huddersfield we looked towards the end of last season.

Did our squad really need that much work?

18 bloody players, of which quite a few of them have hardly featured... Lee, Mattock, Maguire, Mayor and even Rodri.

That is a key question BRADDAZ and I'm as bemused as anyone that we should have felt the need to bring in quite so many players, especially when many of them seem to have been bargain basement options. Generally a new manager sets about gutting the squad he inherits as soon as he practically can, often because his ego apparently doesn't want supporters crediting his predecessor with anything. Now obviously we needed to make some significant changes after last season's promotion but it looks like Jones has got the balance wrong.