Emergency Loan Window

Guest markowl123

Guest markowl123

We definitely need to grab another striker before it closes or we might aswell finish the season tomorrow, useless up top and not got a striker thats getting a chance and when they do they couldn't hit a barn door

We definitely need to grab another striker before it closes or we might aswell finish the season tomorrow, useless up top and not got a striker thats getting a chance and when they do they couldn't hit a barn door

I think it was trevdi9 pointed out last week that good strikers don't come cheap. There lies the problem.

I think it was trevdi9 pointed out last week that good strikers don't come cheap. There lies the problem.

If you think Milan won't spend to keep us up your way out.

Half the problem is we've already signed three strikers this season alone. The other half is I genuinely doubt that anyone of our targets was likely to be loaned out during a busy December schedule

Looked at realistically, with the squad we have, we are a bottom six or seven side. A couple of good players could elevate us to a potential mid table side. Those are realistic expectations, so it would be unrealistic of Milan to sack Jones, not to mention expensive. Jones is not blameless in this, and with a more targeted recruitment policy, we could be aiming higher. Plenty of good players have moved to the championship during the last month so the excuse that targets aren't available wont wash. I expect a couple of quality players to arrive and if they do, we can start to climb the table. If Milan refuses to sanction bringing in a couple of players, fair enough, but he shouldn't then expect anything other than a battle to stay out of the relegation places.

Guest arobert

It seems we are all expert in spending Milan's money.

Milan let DJ bring in 14 plus players in the summer.

They all come with wages attached.

I would be asking DJ why he brought in three attacking playerrs in Picnik, Rodri and McGuire in the summer and yet we are now desperate to bring in a striker, and I mean desperate.

Do we trust him to bring in any more players?

It seems we are all expert in spending Milan's money.

Milan let DJ bring in 14 plus players in the summer.

They all come with wages attached.

I would be asking DJ why he brought in three attacking playerrs in Picnik, Rodri and McGuire in the summer and yet we are now desperate to bring in a striker, and I mean desperate.

Do we trust him to bring in any more players?

But then comes the argument from some that the strikers are not getting the ball, getting the service but I also understand that Bothroyd is being played out of position. Strange isnt it

If you think Milan won't spend to keep us up your way out.

Half the problem is we've already signed three strikers this season alone. The other half is I genuinely doubt that anyone of our targets was likely to be loaned out during a busy December schedule

he hasn't spent yet hawkeye - as I said before, his business plan does not include huge outlays of cash on players. Look at the way the Antonio signing was handled - a joke - 700,000 quid?? MM prefers loans - typically higher weekly wages but more flexible on terminations etc. NB - I say huge outlays of cash on players. he had just coughed up to buy the club but he knew when he signed the paper it wouldn't end there. I seriously do not see MM laying out the cash but I would love to be proved wrong. Strikers are not cheap mate - has Macheda got a ticket on him yet for the January sales? Any others coming up?

Top quality loans comparative to our division is the way forward for Milan. It was last season, when we added Batth, Marshall, Antonio, Treacy and Ranger, to what was an average squad, and suddenly looked a good side. We've done it again this season with the arrival of Barkley and Bothroyd. A decent striker and a midfield leader of a similar quality and we will look a different proposition.

he hasn't spent yet hawkeye - as I said before, his business plan does not include huge outlays of cash on players. Look at the way the Antonio signing was handled - a joke - 700,000 quid?? MM prefers loans - typically higher weekly wages but more flexible on terminations etc. NB - I say huge outlays of cash on players. he had just coughed up to buy the club but he knew when he signed the paper it wouldn't end there. I seriously do not see MM laying out the cash but I would love to be proved wrong. Strikers are not cheap mate - has Macheda got a ticket on him yet for the January sales? Any others coming up?

Maybe he's spending what we can afford?

Maguire - 300k

Reda - 200k

Madine - 400/800k

Antonio - 700/1m

Cog - 350k

Mayor - ?

Plus the various loans. I'd argue he's spent a reasonable bit of cash and nothing suggests he won't again in January.

Maybe he's spending what we can afford?

Maguire - 300k

Reda - 200k

Madine - 400/800k

Antonio - 700/1m

Cog - 350k

Mayor - ?

Plus the various loans. I'd argue he's spent a reasonable bit of cash and nothing suggests he won't again in January.

I said before like this - it isn't a lack of money it is a lack of desire to part with it. It's simple - it's business.