Home away stand

So a lot of people are complaining that the atmosphere at home at times can be rather bad. We've had Home away days before, why not make the upper West a Home away stand? All those who get to away matches and make a racket no matter the weather or result go in the upper West.

We could put the away fans in the bottom tier, or if the away team bring a large following, put the rest of them in the corner.

Would any of you swap your seat on the North/Kop to have a Home away ST on the upper West?

Guest crookesmona

So yet another fan who thinks that people in the South Stand shouldnt even be mentioned in this topic.. i get to a fair percentage of away games and sing as loud and as long as most.but obviously we dont matter :sad:

So yet another fan who thinks that people in the South Stand shouldnt even be mentioned in this topic.. i get to a fair percentage of away games and sing as loud and as long as most.but obviously we dont matter :sad:

It's not that you don't matter. It's just that a large percentage of the South are a lot lesd rowdy than the North/Kop and I can only imagine are a lot more prine to being offended by your average away fan who enjoys themselves.

If you sang as loud as you claim youd stick out like a sore thumb

lol

Where do you sit?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest crookesmona

whys it get so personal with comments like "If you sang as loud as you claim"???? as I was actually referring to away games .. thouigh must admit it is pretty quiet in the south stand but not all of us are dead yet and in our 70s/80s especially the crowd of 15 i sat with ... but for the record row w seat 71 :angry:

whys it get so personal with comments like "If you sang as loud as you claim"???? as I was actually referring to away games .. thouigh must admit it is pretty quiet in the south stand but not all of us are dead yet and in our 70s/80s especially the crowd of 15 i sat with ... but for the record row w seat 71 :angry:

You misunderstand

lol

I was saying you painted a picture of you in full force on the south stand, arms out wide, singing reyt loud

Was just saying that on a stand full of zombies youd stick out a mile

lol

Owlstalk Shop

it wont work cos its still a home game!

an away match is a totally different beast,people go with a day out mentality,gettin to boozer at opening time etc its impossible to get an away match atmos at an home game imo

Is worked for the odd game in the past. Why would it not work every game? Don't see why it can't.

Guest beatleowl

I'm 24 sit on the south with our old man and there isn't a more passionate Wednesday fan than me. Don't tarr us all with the same brush. Some of us sit with relatives who have made us Wednesdayites rather than flipping off with our mates to be poorly heads at the back of the kop

I'm 24 sit on the south with our old man and there isn't a more passionate Wednesday fan than me. Don't tarr us all with the same brush. Some of us sit with relatives who have made us Wednesdayites rather than flipping off with our mates to be poorly heads at the back of the kop

Bang on

Doesnt exactly contribute to the atmosphere tho

Owlstalk Shop

Off you go then

How you gonna do it?

dunno

maybe designate 2000 seats at the back, have leaders with hymn sheets at the front of the designated area facing the crowd to keep them engaged

free paper megaphones on all seats or some other frivolity, ...whistles or something!

how difficult can it be? :ph34r:

dunno

maybe designate 2000 seats at the back, have leaders with hymn sheets at the front of the designated area facing the crowd to keep them engaged

free paper megaphones on all seats or some other frivolity, ...whistles or something!

See what I mean ?

We've had two home away days that went well

We've had nothing organised on the kop in any seriousness

It's not as easy as it looks to organise and sort things - home away day being an example of when we try to do something for the fans, by the fans, that's enjoyed by our fans

It's easier to join in and enjoy something like this than to not, criticise and want something else organising instead

Owlstalk Shop

dunno

Actually a lot of the spanish clubs have a song leader. He has a megaphone or amplifier of some kind and faces the crowd. When I've heard it on TV it sounds good and loud.