SWFC The family community

Guest davet30

Guest davet30

Neil,

feel free to shift this to somewhere else but couldn't see a suitable category for it - maybe you could create one if you think it warrants it?

There have been a few occasions in the past where being a wednesdayite have brought total strangers together in a way maybe only the Masons could if you happen to be part of that.

Once I got back to the car, which was parked in the Rother valley country park around the late 1990's/early 2000's, only to find my car wouldn't start due to a flat battery. A total stranger came over and,, seeing my SWFC car sticker, offered to lend me a hand after commenting on the sticker. Obviously a fellow Wednesdayite. I did thank him at the time but I thought I'd mention it here and give him another well deserved thanks from the guy in that red Nissan Primera.

Then there are those moments when I've been a "Billy no mates" at a match for some reason or another and, when we've scored and the crowds gone absolutely crazy, myself and another 'Billy no mates' have spontaneously hugged '(n a manly way you understand) in enjoyment!

Then last night while I and some of my extended family were celebrating my sons 18th Birthday @ Damons, I got speaking with an adjacent party who were celebrating a fellow wednesdayites 60th Birthday. I knew this cos I kept hearing the odd shout On asking his wife why their cake was not blue and white we got to talking about the game I'd been to earlier. She told me that she was surrounded by Unitedites at work and how these last few months had been difficult etc. Then she gave me a slice of their cake! I'll be having that chilli chocolate cake later with a nice cup o' tea.

So fellow wednesdayites, what similar experiences have you had?

WAWAW

In the past I've usually gone to matches with a group of mates or with my son. Over the years their other commitments or financial situations have led them to stop attending as often.

I carried on going to the matches on my own, in the knowledge I would be among strangers, fellow Wednesdayites, who all shared their passion for the club as I did.

Three or four years ago, a poster off here, Big D, was sponsoring the match ball, and was going to watch the match from an executive box. He put out a message asking if anyone wanted a ticket for the match. Not any ticket, but his own season ticket.

I was lucky enough to answer his message first, and borrowed his ticket for my lad. It was heart warming a total stranger trusted me to return his ticket after the match.

We have since remained good friends, and along with his dad and two brothers, enjoy a pre match day pint in the Niagra.

Thanks Big D, glad I answered your offer of that ticket pal.

In the past I've usually gone to matches with a group of mates or with my son. Over the years their other commitments or financial situations have led them to stop attending as often.

I carried on going to the matches on my own, in the knowledge I would be among strangers, fellow Wednesdayites, who all shared their passion for the club as I did.

Three or four years ago, a poster off here, Big D, was sponsoring the match ball, and was going to watch the match from an executive box. He put out a message asking if anyone wanted a ticket for the match. Not any ticket, but his own season ticket.

I was lucky enough to answer his message first, and borrowed his ticket for my lad. It was heart warming a total stranger trusted me to return his ticket after the match.

We have since remained good friends, and along with his dad and two brothers, enjoy a pre match day pint in the Niagra.

Thanks Big D, glad I answered your offer of that ticket pal.

During the Time To Go period, I attended an evening game on my own, intent on joining in the protests, as I had done on every other occasion, as the departure of the muppets was key to us moving forward.

I bumped into Marconi outside the ground, after having met him just once before, as part of a group of supporters Lee invited to the club one evening.

On hearing that I was attending the game on my own, he very kindly invited me to sit with him. Marconi (Jeff) is himself a top bloke. He also introduced me to Big D. Likewise, another top fella. As a bunch, as a set of fans, we're unbeatable.

Being a Wednesdayite is the best thing ever. Our understanding of life as it is, understanding that you take the rough with the smooth, and still get on with supporting the lads through thick and thin, is what makes us so special.

I love every one of you blue and white striped fellow loonies.

Edited by theowlsman

Just before last Christmas I posted in a thread about how life was a struggle and I wasn't able to attend matches due to being out of work.

I received a pm from trev who then contacted grandad. Grandad arranged for me to have a Smile ticket which was a fantastic gesture.

On the Thursday before the match (Huddersfield 4-4) I received a call from Nigel informing me that a friend of his had a spare place in his Executive Box. Nigel asked if I'd like to go and I happily accepted. I met David Ford and his wife plus Ric Savage and his son, and I had the best day ever!

I don't think it's any coincidence that my life has picked up since then, I'm now working again, have a great job with prospects and life is good.

Thank you is so inadequate really, but knowing that there are so many "good" people who support our football club is heartwarming.

WAWAW

Some great posts in here.

I have met loads off here - not met a bad one amongst them.

I'd go further than that - they have all been good people and to a one, would do anything for you.

Anyone who goes to the games alone and would like to meet like minded people, get yourselves in the Wednesdayite Lounge.

You will get a great welcome.

Jeff bought me a drink yesterday (only because he knew I was driving).

lol

Went out for the day, bumped into this lady and her son in this pub, the little lad had his Wednesday shirt on, I said, "great shirt little fella", the lad smiled and his mum said, "he's Wednesday mad, oh how we laughed together, anyway to cut a long story short, I ended up nailing his mum in the ball pool in the soft play area.

Guest Paulos_Medication

Went out for the day, bumped into this lady and her son in this pub, the little lad had his Wednesday shirt on, I said, "great shirt little fella", the lad smiled and his mum said, "he's Wednesday mad, oh how we laughed together, anyway to cut a long story short, I ended up nailing his mum in the ball pool in the soft play area.

.....3,2,1 .....and you're back in the room.

There's always one.