Have we made a Mistake with Antonio?

hes not worth the price we paid

But you don't know how much we paid for him. The club have never said how much they paid for him, and as far as I'm aware, neither have Reading.

hes not worth the price we paid

But you don't know how much we paid for him. The club have never said how much they paid for him, and as far as I'm aware, neither have Reading.

I think even last season we saw that Antonio could be shall we say "erratic", running into trouble, crossing badly, shooting badly, choosing the wrong option, not tracking back, losing possession in dangerous areas, ( and they're just his good points :biggrin: ), but his obvious other qualities far outweighed all the above. So we knew then what we were buying. He was worth the money and has already justified it imo.

For me he's just different. So many wingers bottle it and play the safe pass to somebody else but you know when Antonio gets the ball he's only one thought in mind and everybody stands up. He finally looks fully fit now and as his weaker areas improve he'll become a right player I feel.

I don't remember seeing that many players this season who I would rather have at no.7.

I don't think theres any argument - he's the most exciting talent we've had at Wednesday in years (that's ours and not on loan).yeah he lacks a bit of composure and is a bit raw but he's a young lad.

I bet ya he's in every opposing managers team talk, young, direct, strong, fast, everything we've lacked for years.

I don't think theres any argument - he's the most exciting talent we've had at Wednesday in years (that's ours and not on loan).yeah he lacks a bit of composure and is a bit raw but he's a young lad.

I bet ya he's in every opposing managers team talk, young, direct, strong, fast, everything we've lacked for years.

This

Antonio is only a kid and he will have quiet games , but he can do things nobody else in the team can , my favourite is when he chests it past defenders on the run and then sets off like lightening , he will be a hero for us over time .

Yep, he has been getting better by the game in the league this season after a slow start, probably not aided by not having a full pre-season with the team. Certain sections of our support also used to give Brunt a regular slating....