Reo-Coker signs for Ipswich. Should we have gone in for him?

Guest intercity0wl

How much was Antonio?

You tell me, the general concensus seems to be around 750k give or take a few thousand, not that much really in the grand scheme of things tho is it, given some of the amounts being paid by our competitors have splashed out on Quality, good player that Antonio is on his day, would you put him in the same QUALITY group of the players as have been snapped up by other championship clubs.

Anyway i had better leave this thread as im starting to sound anti MM, which im not, i just accept and base my expectations on the basis that MM will not and never has, spent the amounts other clubs will, to try and atcheive their ambitions.

You tell me, the general concensus seems to be around 750k give or take a few thousand, not that much really in the grand scheme of things tho is it, given some of the amounts being paid by our competitors have splashed out on Quality, good player that Antonio is on his day, would you put him in the same QUALITY group of the players as have been snapped up by other championship clubs.

Anyway i had better leave this thread as im starting to sound anti MM, which im not, i just accept and base my expectations on the basis that MM will not and never has, spent the amounts other clubs will, to try and atcheive their ambitions.

Is this not just running our club more sensibly than others? Given our recent history I am fully behind Milan bring shrewd in terms of the clubs finance.

Guest intercity0wl

Is this not just running our club more sensibly than others? Given our recent history I am fully behind Milan bring shrewd in terms of the clubs finance.

Thats one very sensible way of looking at it, another is that he wants the success but is not prepared to finance it as vigourously as other clubs, hence the amount of Managers who have been sacrificed for for failing to deliver this for him, or another way of looking at it is, plain and simply the less he spends before his inevitable sale of the club means more personal profit.

Thats one very sensible way of looking at it, another is that he wants the success but is not prepared to finance it as vigourously as other clubs, hence the amount of Managers who have been sacrificed for for failing to deliver this for him, or another way of looking at it is, plain and simply the less he spends before his inevitable sale of the club means more personal profit.

Or Jones didn't want Reo-Coker.

Neither would I to be honest.

Guest intercity0wl

Or Jones didn't want Reo-Coker.

Neither would I to be honest.

Neither would i, but plenty of others around that i and and i imagine DJ would, if he got the green light.

only mandaric knows what he can afford ,he's a very successful businessman and isnt here to lose money.he's made a mint at other clubs without spending a fortune he,s obviously thinking along the same lines with us.frustrating i know as we all want to return to the top asap but the club as come a long way in the 2 years he,s been here and think we'll just have to be patient and hope he sells to someone with a bit more football ambition than he probably has .

semedo is great at what he does but that is to sit back, defend, close down and tackle

as i said experienced , canny, nuisance like, spoiling, annoying, irritating barsteward type who wants to run and even ref the game but can also play a bit yet stick a foot in when things not going well and take some pressure off defence

Are the bold bits not pretty much the same thing? :wacko:

i.e. not really be creative and play a destructive role?