In other news...

Guest insideowl

The guy has a wealth of experience and is a great manager at this level.

The fact that this run of bad results 'is a new thing for him' suggests that taking into account how long he has managed for.

Expectations were raised too much by everyone at the start of the season. For me, survival was the main aim this season. And this raised expectancy has caused everyone to react in this way. My opinion of course.....

Once you gain promotion, survival is always the main objection BUT we have signed between 15-20 players, some young, some with premiership experience. Expectations are bound to increase and rightly so.

Besides the signings, as a team we look unfit & unorganised. The fact that we have players fighting and one player going on holiday whilst the rest are in training shows we also have a split dressing room. For a manager who has 'a wealth of experience' its not showing.

His signings have been poor, no improvement on what we've already got. I like kirkland but did we need him? McCabe isnt bad but lines is on the same level if not better.

Has anyone actually looked into whether this run of bad results is 'new' to him? I watched southampton on tv saturday, they mentioned a similar start to the season.... was that when jones was in charge? Wolves also had a shocking finish to the season to cost them promotion with jones in charge. West Brom caught them with a 10 point gap? So is this run so 'new' to him?

You can hardly compare as Sturrock achieved at League One, and League Two level, while Jones did it for years at Championship level, even did really well in The Premiership with Southampton, if not with Wolves.

Should have said since Big Ron's 2'nd stint with us...

Sorry, i had assumed you meant at Wednesday.

Once you gain promotion, survival is always the main objection BUT we have signed between 15-20 players, some young, some with premiership experience. Expectations are bound to increase and rightly so.

Besides the signings, as a team we look unfit & unorganised. The fact that we have players fighting and one player going on holiday whilst the rest are in training shows we also have a split dressing room. For a manager who has 'a wealth of experience' its not showing.

His signings have been poor, no improvement on what we've already got. I like kirkland but did we need him? McCabe isnt bad but lines is on the same level if not better.

Has anyone actually looked into whether this run of bad results is 'new' to him? I watched southampton on tv saturday, they mentioned a similar start to the season.... was that when jones was in charge? Wolves also had a shocking finish to the season to cost them promotion with jones in charge. West Brom caught them with a 10 point gap? So is this run so 'new' to him?

Mentioned this before, he seems to be a manager with no 'middle ground' - his teams seem to be either on fantastic runs or shocking runs. It's really weird TBH. To be fair there were mitigating circumstances at Saints. Here's his wiki

http://en.wikipedia....ller_born_1956)

Edited by Almat

FFS Man..just ask her if she wants it

Nah, I couldn't drag that out over several days on OT. This site needs entertainment, not that rubbish you get from Blue Bib Man (Wednesday's answer to the Geordies' Whey Aye Man).

Tune in tomorrow. It's going to get exciting. Well, for me at least.