Talking poo poo

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Dave Jones on radio sheffield. Utter tripe. Making out we should have got something from the game, give up pal, we deserved naff all. Just blame it on one of the players that wasn't one of your signings, should do the trick

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Dave Jones on radio sheffield. Utter tripe. Making out we should have got something from the game, give up pal, we deserved naff all. Just blame it on one of the players that wasn't one of your signings, should do the trick

I didn't think there was much in the game TBF and I think a draw would have been a fair result. We should have had a penalty after 2 mins, so you could argue that Jones has a point.

As for your issue with Jones singling out a player he didn't sign for criticism, I'm sure Jones has done the same with his own signings. TBH I don't agree with managers pointing the finger at players in the press- I think things like this should remain in house- and I think DJ was wrong in his recent criticism of Lllera in this vein. However, to imply that Jones has some sort of vendetta against previous signings, I think is a little off the mark.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest UnbelievableJeff

MANAGER IN TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE SHOCKER!

Like he does when he publicly singles out individuals...

It's like them reyt crap singers that go on x-factor cos mum told em there reyyyyyt good at singing, when they are actually crap... Our players think todays performance was acceptable 'aslong as we get a little break' the next time out. That was far beyond acceptable, make your own breaks, make your own luck. There grown men, tell them how it is... Or is it not acceptable for players to be criticised anymore.

I didn't think there was much in the game TBF and I think a draw would have been a fair result. We should have had a penalty after 2 mins, so you could argue that Jones has a point.

As for your point about Jones singling out a player he didn't sign for criticism, I'm sure Jones has done the same with his own signings. TBH I don't agree with managers pointing the finger at players in the press- and I think DJ's was wrong in his criticism of Lllera in this vein. However, to imply that Jones has some sort of vendetta against our previous managers signings is a little off the mark.

Nope I think it's spot on.

Jones does seem to have a thing against Megsons players.

P.S. hearing a rumour Reda isn't injured just not playing.

I thought he spoke well TBH.

Very restrained too.

If it were me, I'd have kicked the Ref's flipping door off at half time.

Guest UnbelievableJeff

I thought he spoke well TBH.

Very restrained too.

If it were me, I'd have kicked the Ref's flipping door off at half time.

The ref made two shocking decisions, there is no debating that. But the players still had plenty of time to shake those decisions and do something about it.. The refs decisions cannot be used as a smoke screen for a gutless performance.

The ref made two shocking decisions, there is no debating that. But the players still had plenty of time to shake those decisions and do something about it.. The refs decisions cannot be used as a smoke screen for a gutless performance.

Goals change games.

At, either end.

I can't comment on Jones' security.

I don't know to be honest what to do for the best.

But, today, you are being a tad unfair IMO.

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Goals change games.

At, either end.

I can't comment on Jones' security.

I don't know to be honest what to do for the best.

But, today, you are being a tad unfair IMO.

Goals do change games... but they shouldn't negatively affect a players commitment and enthusiasm to try and get something from the game, especially at 1-0. If it does, then surely it's the managers job to get them motivated again. Either way, two bad decisions does not excuse the spineless performance and attempt to try and get something from this game.

My dig isn't at Jones as a whole... I 'm not calling for his head, I just think some home truths need to be said. That performance wasn't good enough, to even imply we deserved something, in my eyes, is ridiculous, and mis-leading to the players, who may go away today thinking their performance was acceptable. Even during this poo poo run we are on, we have still looked like we could score, except today.

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Really?

They were at home, have a big budget and are on a winning run.

They were rubbish IMO. Even with the poor referee.

Just trying to be fair.

Them being rubbish dosn't mean we deserve something... It dosn't matter who we play, or how good they are, it's how we play that counts. And I don't believe for one second that them being crap today was down to us, considering how many of our players the game completely passed by. I don't come on here and moan, and I try to take positives out of all our games, but today was so half-arsed from our players imo, i just feel really disappointed, and then DJ coming on the radio and seeming content with the performance just puzzled me. Ah well, Im going to go have a few beers and enjoy the rest of my weekend. Maybe i'll feel better tomorrow. Maybe it's just the fact this made it 6 losses in a row, I don't know. Things can only get better eh?

Dave Jones on radio sheffield. Utter tripe. Making out we should have got something from the game, give up pal, we deserved naff all. Just blame it on one of the players We should have had a penalty, and strange that Wolves got to take that goalscoring free kick again.that wasn't one of your signings, should do the trick

We should have had a penalty, and strange that Wolves got to take that goalscoring free kick again. But apart from that we were the crappyest team by a country mile, yes.

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

Why do people think the ref was to blame for their goal. He got it spot on. The whistle hadn't gone so the ball and game was dead.

He booked the player fir trying to gain an advantage and then said right, now take it again, when I'm ready.

I was emembarrassed by fellow Owls lack of knowledge today.

Why do people think the ref was to blame for their goal. He got it spot on. The whistle hadn't gone so the ball and game was dead.

He booked the player fir trying to gain an advantage and then said right, now take it again, when I'm ready.

I was emembarrassed by fellow Owls lack of knowledge today.

Amazed that some RS presenters don't know the laws of the game either.

One was suggesting the ref might have given a goal kick.

Seeing as he didn't blow to restart the game , the ball was never in play- so he couldn't have given a goal kick. Simple.