FLASHING OWL

Wanting to see how much they were hurting over the summer, I picked up a copy of the 'Flashing Blade' from our local news agents.

Ironic that the front cover displayed a photo of their latest sew-on, a 'Smile for Sheffield United' badge.

The editorial relived the painful memories of how we ground them down until their chins were on the floor and finally picked them off.

"As if the events of Friday afternoon in Caernarfon and the defeat at MKD were not deflating enough, Wednesdays 96th minute winner knocked what stuffing remained out of everybody, players and fans alike".

Pages 4-6 carry on in the same theme, though they do make a point of the fact that while no Wednesday player made the PFA league one side. Harry Maguire, Stephen Quinn and Ched Evans, from his prison cell, DID !

Page 7 aptly titled 'A list not to be added to' List all the Blunts failures as far back as the 60's and they are extensive.

The top of Page 8 features the fact that they have a Gold Medal winning Blunt in Jessica Ennis and as if to prove their comprehensive power, they give acclaim to Joe Roots recent 222 not out. Now I know that Joe gets along to the Lane when he can, but come on BLUNT DELUDES Pele has put in more appearances at the Lane than Jessica ! :tango:

Clive Porter then gives a two page insight entitled 'A pessimist is never disappointed' which says it all !

There then follows a two page obituary to Dave Wickett (Fat Cat, Alma St fame) Never knew he was a Blade, RIP Dave.

A piece then called 'the Nice Guys finished third' I suggest you dip your stick in BladesMad to measure the depth of your Nasty guys too !

There is then a couple of pages on the day a match was called off for a UXB on Lancing Road. Quite a pressie from Adolf, pic shows it to be at least 7 foot tip to tail.

Then as tribute to us a 5 page spread on Sir Charles Clegg, Wednesday stallwart and co founder of the Cutlers, we were the Blades at the time.

Quite an interesting read all in all, the thing that struck me is tha as I thumbed through the pages I could smell the humility wafting from the pages. The Blades are truely back....In their rightful place

Guest WESTENDOWL

Piggy sue

Piggy sue

Oh how Wednesday

Laugh at you

Oh piggy

Oh piggy sue oo oo oo etc

Edited by WESTENDOWL