Player Ratings

Guest DaRuMo

Guest DaRuMo

Can't see a rating thread so here we go

Kirkland 6 - Not really much could do with the goals few decent saves.

Buxton 5 - Not had a pre season looked off the pace, better as game went on

Llera 5 - Think was llera who lost man for there 2nd goal?

Gardner 5 - Went off injured, not a great game early days though. hope can form partnership with llera

Reda 6 - Defencively poor today, however came to the rescue!

Antonio 6 - Was quiter than usual but still some good runs forward. didn't try and use his long throws to effect.

mccabe 7 - Did not notice him in 1st half was fantastic in 2nd. will be a fantasic player

Semedo 6 - Not usual self, as many others improved as game went on.

JJ 9 - Was our best player today, ran and ran they did not know how to cope with him. MOM

Pecnik 4 - Looked lost did not do much at all, seemed to be on floor alot and expecting to get a foul everytime.

O'Grady 8 - Did very well, closed down players from the front, what a goal!

Subs

Madine 6 - Did ok when came on shame couldn't keep onside from Buxton's pass.

Beevers 6 - Did a job

Guest wilyfox

i think it was Gardner - caught ball-watching for a moment there. waited for the ball to come to him and their Buxton stole in. Gardner should have been pressing that...

Guest Sheffieldson

I was really impressed with JJ's runs in the second half, had the full back in his back pocket. Kirkland potentially kept us in the game and COG put a shift in again for us. DJ has clearly shown he can lift our team for the second half performance at Oldham and derby, just need the team to believe in them selves like we do and put a shift in for the first half too IMO

i think it was Gardner - caught ball-watching for a moment there. waited for the ball to come to him and their Buxton stole in. Gardner should have been pressing that...

Yes. He also should have put his head onto the cross for their first goal. It's early days and I am sure it was out of character but he was at fault in some part for both goals. Let's get behind Gardner though - he's proven himself elsewhere.

Guest DaRuMo

I'm gonna blame the beer, bit hard to get Gardner and Llera mixed up!

For the second goal the entire back 4 + keeper turned and had a go at Reda so I assumed it was his fault.

I thought of the new signings: Gardner did OK, Kirkland was good, McCabe excellent, Pecnik anonymous.

First half the forwards lost the ball far too easily increasing the pressure in our defence. Second half we kept the ball a lot better.

Gardner 5 - Went off injured, not a great game early days though. hope can form partnership with llera

Antonio 6 - Was quiter than usual but still some good runs forward. didn't try and use his long throws to effect.

mccabe 7 - Did not notice him in 1st half was fantastic in 2nd. will be a fantasic player

JJ 9 - Was our best player today, ran and ran they did not know how to cope with him. MOM

Pecnik 4 - Looked lost did not do much at all, seemed to be on floor alot and expecting to get a foul everytime.

Subs

Beevers 6 - Did a job

Kirkland kept us in the game at 2-0 and made much more of a contribution than Antonio who you scored the same.

Agree with the above post - my mates were moaning about Gardner from about 20 mins in. He wasn't great but the whole team (bar McCabe) had poor first halfs.

He won player of the year at Palace last year and has played lots at this level, clearly not a poor player and an improvement on Jones (on the ball a big improvement)

Kirkland- 7

Buxton- 6

Llera- 6

Gardner- 5

Reda- 6

Antonio- 6

Semedo- 6

McCabe- 7

JJ- 8

Pecnik- 5

O'Grady- 8

Subs:

Beevers- 6 (basically didn't have a thing to do thought tbf- just picking the ball up and getting it forward again...they didn't have an attack after he came on.)

Madine- 7 (did well and deserves to start on Tuesday night- won plenty of headers including the knock-down for Reda's goal, and had a goal chalked off for offside too.)

Guest DaRuMo

Agree with the above post - my mates were moaning about Gardner from about 20 mins in. He wasn't great but the whole team (bar McCabe) had poor first halfs.

He won player of the year at Palace last year and has played lots at this level, clearly not a poor player and an improvement on Jones (on the ball a big improvement)

Yeah given time he should come good and make a solid partnership with Llera. Bit worried about the lack of pace at the back

No it was definitely Llera's man for the 2nd goal and he got caught under the ball. For the first goal Gardner left Tyson to attack the cross but it got flicked on by a Derby player which left Tyson free in the middle.

Some of these might seem harsh but the defence really worried me yesterday, hopefully will improved as we get used to this level.

Kirkland - 7, no blame for the goals, made a couple of decent saves to keep us alive.

Buxton - 5, improved in 2nd half, nowhere to be seen in first half, not played a lot of games though.

Gardner - 5, hasnt looked good in first couple of games for me, wouldn't mind signing 1 more CB for competition, did at least try and play on the deck though.

Llera - 6, thought he would struggle at this level, looked okay and certainly the stronger of the CBs.

Reda - 5, saved himself from a 3 with the goal, was getting destroyed in first half, settled down when he started keeping it simple in 2nd half.

JJ - 8, Fair play, top performance, decision making better than usual.

Semedo - 6, Overrun in first half, much better 2nd half once he adapted to the extra pace

McCabe - 7, Early signs are promising, good range of passing, stronger direct running, got stuck in.

Antonio - 5, let's be honest, we all love him, but he offered almost nothing for 70 minutes and his first touch let him down a lot.

O Grady - 8, Grabbing his chance with both hands, makes a difference not having the ball fired at him from 60 yards away all the time.

Pecnik - 3, just not up to speed yet, never looked like getting into the game, not going to write him off, but anything more than a 3 yesterday is generous imo.

Madine - 7, hopefully fit enough to start on Tuesday, put a good shift in, made a big difference and gave COG some much needed support.

Guest RaptheOWL

Subs

Beevers 6 - Did a job

Whilst always fun, I think rating at this point is pointless. The players are always 'ring rusty' for the first few games.

Buxton has just got back from an injury

Reda has played little Champioship football if any and definitely not at left back

Gardner is new to the team as is Kirkland

Llera is no playing in his natural position

That's a few good examples of how the ratings could be skewed for our back five.

Edited by shandypants

Guest Leeswfc3

Kirkland- 7

Buxton- 6

Llera- 6

Gardner- 5

Reda- 6

Antonio- 6

Semedo- 6

McCabe- 7

JJ- 8

Pecnik- 5

O'Grady- 8

Subs:

Beevers- 6 (basically didn't have a thing to do thought tbf- just picking the ball up and getting it forward again...they didn't have an attack after he came on.)

Madine- 7 (did well and deserves to start on Tuesday night- won plenty of headers including the knock-down for Reda's goal, and had a goal chalked off for offside too.)

Don't think Madine will start pal, and to be honest i don't think he deserves to. Not because of anything he's done just think he will struggle now.

Guest Leeswfc3

Whilst always fun, I think rating at this point is pointless. The players are always 'ring rusty' for the first few games.

Buxton has just got back from an injury

Reda has played little Champioship football if any and definitely not at left back

Gardner is new to the team as is Kirkland

Llera is no playing in his natural position

That's a few good examples of how the ratings could be skewed for our back five.

Buxton and Reda seem to stand out as people who look slightly out of there depth or is it just me?