Reda Johnson?

Guest OxtonOwl

Guest OxtonOwl

Just wondering what other people's opinions on Reda are tbh, seen a lot of people saying that theyd rather start with Mattock there and I can't believe that it's just me that thinks that Reda can easily step up to the championship and claim the LB spot week in week out?

Guest York-owl-chris

Love his passion, he loves Wednesday. Great tackler, strong and a goal scoring threat.

However he can still be a bit erratic, and that gets punished more in the Championship. He also needs to learn to calm down his passing.

Only seen Mattock once, and he was good, but he played right-back.

Guest OxtonOwl

Love his passion, he loves Wednesday. Great tackler, strong and a goal scoring threat.

However he can still be a bit erratic, and that gets punished more in the Championship. He also needs to learn to calm down his passing.

Only seen Mattock once, and he was good, but he played right-back.

I agree with that however do think he can learn to not dive into tackles occasionally and then can't see much wrong. He's huge, fast and passionate! Mattock is a LB by trade though so just seen many people replacing reda with him

Guest dunellaowl

Good dilemma to have, i think they will both play there fair share of games, but I think he will start with mattock.

Cult hero. One of my favourite Wednesday players, certainly of recent years.

As for his place in the team, Mattock has the Championship experience and is arguably the "better" player, but Reda has earned his shirt and he deserves to keep it until proven otherwise. I think Mattock will be a very good signing for us and I like the look of him as a player, but I'm desperate for Reda to do well for us next year and keep pushing himself on.

Guest OxtonOwl

I think the signings in defence have really created great competition for places which is what we needed for this division, closely fought battles between Reda/Mattock and Lee/Buxton should bring the best out of the players but for me it has to be Reda (atleast to begin with)

I think Mattock should start the season. I love Reda but do feel he can make some poor decisions at times. His goal scoring threat is what may keep him in the team but if I was choosing the team based on who the better left back is I'd have to go with Mattock.

Guest OxtonOwl

I think Mattock should start the season. I love Reda but do feel he can make some poor decisions at times. His goal scoring threat is what may keep him in the team but if I was choosing the team based on who the better left back is I'd have to go with Mattock.

The thing is that DJ does seem to have shown too much confidence in Mattock as of yet constantly playing him at his un favoured RB position anyway?

Edited by OxtonOwl

I agree....Redas my favourite player and is gonna have a great season

DJ has made it clear pre season is about fitness. Looks to me like he knows what hes going to get from Mattock and has had him at right back simply to get his fitness up and kept Reda at left back as he's bit of an unknown quantity to the Championship. He could either be a real hit or he could flop.