Wednesday to finish 17th

Guest MrsGoggins

IYO mate, Gardner might have his injuries but he's a class act in this division, Kirkland hasn't been injured that much lately has he?

Both are class when fully fit, Kirkland hasn't played many either. If both had better injury records they'd be with premiership clubs.

Still go by what I said earlier in the pre-season that we will have more of a run with the current squad and then a bit of an overhaul depending on who's performing by January.

Too much too soon with a lot of new players on board rarely works.....maybe with Charlton being the exception last season. I just hope we get some creativity into the midfield otherwise we may get sussed out pretty quickly by a few of the teams in this division

Both are class when fully fit, Kirkland hasn't played many either. If both had better injury records they'd be with premiership clubs.

How much did we pay for them though? It's not like we've broke the bank to sign two very experienced players at this level, Maguire might not have got into Derbys side but he was pompeys player of the season after a dozen or so games - that speaks for it self, he can't be that bad as you say.

I think you're being harsh on Dave Jones if i'm honest, he's a very experienced manager and will no doubt have done his homework.

Makes me laugh how some fans of other teams still think we're still in some kind of financial trouble that means we can't compete... or that just because we were in League One last season it's impossible for us to compete and that we will finish low down in the table.

Edited by Stokey

Guest Darkus Owlus

He appears to be suffering from massive ignorance, usually caused by too many season in the Premiership.

One gets used to 'named' players and think anyone without such a status is a poor player, not the case. The Championship is filled with quality footballers that this bloke will know absolutely nothing about.

He's in for a real big shock!!

Guest MrsGoggins

How much did we pay for them though? It's not like we've broke the bank to sign two very experienced players at this level, Maguire might not have got into Derbys side but he was pompeys player of the season after a dozen or so games - that speaks for it self, he can't be that bad as you say.

I think you're being harsh on Dave Jones if i'm honest, he's a very experienced manager and will no doubt have done his homework.

It's not Jones that concerns me it's the input off MM that does.

flipping hell. Where has this soft mentality come from.... seriously. I've seen this division and it's poo .

The fact is

Charlton

us

United

Huddersfield

MK dons

Would have all been alright in the championship last season.

We will be even stronger than last season.

We will sign another winger whether that's permanent or on loan.

ambition is dire on this site.

flip it, i'm gonna say it...... I expect us to do a Southampton and Norwich

FFS

Guest Sniper1

flipping hell. Where has this soft mentality come from.... seriously. I've seen this division and it's poo .

The fact is

Charlton

us

United

Huddersfield

MK dons

FFS

Where do you think that comes from?

Could it be that we have signed 8 players and spent 200k?

And our creativity comes from Mike Jones and JJ who couldnt get in the side last season.

A Fanbase doesn't set the ambition.

Where do you think that comes from?

Could it be that we have signed 8 players and spent 200k?

And our creativity comes from Mike Jones and JJ who couldnt get in the side last season.

A Fanbase doesn't set the ambition.

How much did we pay for Semedo?Exactly!

We didn't pay for Marshall and Antonio when we had them on loan either.

There is still plenty of time before the transfer window closes.

Lets be honest no one has a flipping clue on how good Pecnik/Amado is?

Lee was Oldham's best player and we got him for free.

Like last season I expect us to use the loan market again, as MM doesn't like to spend too much.

I think everyone needs to just calm the flip down and enjoy the Olympics and let DJ and MM do their thing.

Next season will be be a top season, have faith.

Guest Sniper1

How much did we pay for Semedo?Exactly!

We didn't pay for Marshall and Antonio when we had them on loan either.

There is still plenty of time before the transfer window closes.

Lets be honest no one has a flipping clue on how good Pecnik/Amado is?

Lee was Oldham's best player and we got him for free.

Like last season I expect us to use the loan market again, as MM doesn't like to spend too much.

I think everyone needs to just calm the flip down and enjoy the Olympics and let DJ and MM do their thing.

Next season will be be a top season, have faith.

Anyone who had any idea about football knew that Semedo was one of the best defensive midfielders in the division.

We were the biggest club in the division, paying the better wages.

This season it would be like signing one of the Championship best midfielders, have we done that?

I don't want to gamble on loan signings, for every Marshall and Antonio there is a Sanchez Watt and Tom Soares.

Amado and Pecnik, gambles? as you say we have no idea how they will get on.

Kieran Lee will be 3rd choice RB behind Buxton and Mattock with the looks of it.

Yes, there is time but there is no indication that we will go out and sign proven quality for this level.

We do not want to pay for it and the Freebies have all been snapped up.

This is the most important part of the season, we need to get it right.

Edited by Sniper1

The fact is

Charlton

us

United

Huddersfield

MK dons

FFS

Spot on mate, I think some people on here seem to forget were we've been for the last 15 years, I mean, it makes a change to be able to sign players and have players coming in, talk about expecting too much, we've not even finished signing more yet either ffs.

The thing that has bugged me is the criticism of the players who we've brought in, no one has really seen them yet.

Anyone who had any idea about football knew that Semedo was one of the best defensive midfielders in the division.

This season it would be like signing one of the Championship best midfielders, have we done that?

I don't want to gamble on loan signings, for every Marshall and Antonio there is a Sanchez Watt and Tom Soares.

Amado and Pecnik, gambles? as you say we have no idea how they will get on.

Kieran Lee will be 3rd choice RB behind Buxton and Mattock with the looks of it.

Yes, there is time but there is no indication that we will go out and sign proven quality for this level.

We do not want to pay for it and the Freebies have all been snapped up.

This is the most important part of the season, we need to get it right.

I give up.

Guest MrsGoggins

I dunno, I've liked MM input since he's been here, as for the transfer activity are you saying he controls DJ? If so how do you know?

Several signings last season were shocking, COG and Mike Jones for starters.

Wow! Sniper1, take a chill pill.

I've read some other threads on how we will do.

I think the problem for most people is that they haven't got a clue of who we've signed (neither have I).

And from that; everyone is presuming they're poo or a gamble because they've never seen or heard of them before.

The way I think is that DJ and his team who are experienced at this level will have scouted for these players, seen them in training/games and decided that they are what S.W.F.C needs.

Yes is could be true that we've signed some poo and we end up in relegation dog fight but likewise we could have signed some top top players.

Just relax and put your trust in the manager