Development/Academy pre-season friendlies

There have been quite a few people asking about friendlies for the Development and Academy squads - here they are to the best of my knowledge -

Development squad

10/7 Dinnington Town (a)

24/7 Hallam (a)

1/8 Buxton (a)

11/8 Tideswell United (a)

Academy squad

9/7 Doncaster Rovers youth (a)

13/7 Chesterfield youth (a)

16/7 Scod canyonhorpe United youth (a)

18/7 Chesterfield youth (a)

20/7 York City youth (a)

23/7 Rotherham United youth (a)

27/7 Bradford City youth (a)

30/7 Scod canyonhorpe United youth (h)

3/8 Doncaster Rovers youth (h)

7/8 Walsall youth (h)

10/8 Middlesbrough youth (h)

15/8 Hull City youth (a)

As you can see, the club have taken the wise decision to stop sending the academy to play friendlies against senior sides, after the Alfreton debacle of last year, and are playing only fellow youth teams.

It'll be interesting to see what the development squad is all about - we'll get our first glimpse at Dinnington tomorrow night. My guess is that we'll see the likes of Arron Jameson, Cecil Nyoni, Jarrod Kyle, Mitch Husbands, and the new signings we've made that haven't been announced - supposed to be Matt Fletcher, Caolan Lavery, Callum Bennett, Diego Amado and others.

Can anybody going to Doncaster today keep a record of the team (including numbers), substitutes (and who they replaced), scorers etc...

Cheers muchly.

I'll be getting to as many of these games as possible and giving Twitter updates but can't get to Donny today.

Guest Scawsby_owls

I am going down today and will try my best to mate taking my 3year old daughter so may have my hands full ha

Guest Scawsby_owls

Was down at keepmoat for four no sign on any of the pitches around or on the actual ground

Guest Zipper

Donnie vs SWfc Und 18s was on at their Youth training ground/COE...Cantley Park!! Drew 1-1...was there