Grant McCann

Bloke's not having a good time at moment - he was supposed to be presenting trophies at my boy's presentation evening but got himself into a bi off bother

http://www.peterboro...onths-1-3825389

My mate is a Posh fan and says he didn't want to leave Peterborough as his family are settled, kids happy at school etc - and now he can't drive.

I'd give him a lift!

Edited by dunsbyowl

Guest foreverSWFC

Sorry only just realised he was transfer listed, very surprised tbh easily Peterboroughs best player, always looked good when i've seen him play. Why have they transfer listed him? Bizzare. I think it's nailed on he will join Leicester, a lot of prem clubs may take a punt aswell.

thought you'd f*cked off?

lol

Keep up mate

Sorry only just realised he was transfer listed, very surprised tbh easily Peterboroughs best player, always looked good when i've seen him play. Why have they transfer listed him? Bizzare. I think it's nailed on he will join Leicester, a lot of prem clubs may take a punt aswell.

It's that transfer procedure they have, also Paul Taylor is transfer listed but destined for the prem, so they are losing their 3 best players and already arent a great team. I'm sure they will struggle next season.

Sounds like he's a bit puzzled himself:

Sponsored by 3158012748.jpg

McCann admits being shocked by transfer listing

309596581.jpg

Posh skipper Grant McCann is on the transfer list. Photo: Ben Davis/Peterborough ET

By ALAN SWANN

Published on Monday 21 May 2012 11:01

Grant McCann admits he was shocked and hurt by Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson’s decision to place him on the transfer list.

The Northern Ireland international skippered Posh throughout two outstanding seasons. The 32 year-old led Posh to promotion from League One and was a key figure as the team defied all predictions and preserved their Championship status.

Midfielder McCann, a set-piece expert, has scored 21 goals in 81 matches for Posh. He scored in all three play-off games in the 2010-11 campaign and netted eight times before the end of November last season as Posh started their Championship campaign with a bang.

But McCann was stunned to be told by Ferguson two days after the end of the season that he was no longer part of the club’s plans.

“I was so shocked when the manager told me I wasn’t wanted next season I couldn’t speak,” McCann admitted. “I didn’t even argue my case as it was clear he’d made up his mind.

“It did hurt because I honestly felt that by retaining the nucleus of the squad and adding a few players we would have been good enough to compete in the top half of the Championship.

“I wanted to be part of that, but football can be a cruel game and managers have to make some tough decisions. It’s hard to hear that my age went against me as I’ve only just turned 32 and I showed in the first half of last season what I can do at Championship level.

“I didn’t come back from my injury (he missed several games in the middle of the season) very well, but I still managed to play over 40 games and I’d like to think I did my bit.

“I had two objectives when I signed for the club. I wanted to win promotion and I wanted to stay in the Championship and I’m delighted that we managed both.”

Posh are expecting a fee for a player who cost the club nothing when previous manager Gary Johnson brought him to London Road in June 2010.

But McCann insists he will not be rushed out of the club. At the moment he’s focusing on Northern Ireland’s friendly international with Holland next month.

McCann, who has a year of his current Posh contract remaining, added: “I won’t leave unless the move is right for me and the family. We are all settled in the area and I’ve just bought a house.

“I hope to be involved in the Holland game and then I’ll have a break with the family.

“Things change in football and I hope that if I do stay around the club won’t treat me badly as I have never given them a problem in two years.

“Even if I’m not around I hope the manager and the team go on to have success. I was disappointed with the decision, but there will be no hard feelings on my part.”

It’s understood Posh have received no concrete offers for McCann or the other players on the transfer list. George Boyd, Paul Taylor, David Ball, Mark Little and Scott Griffiths have all been told they can leave London Road.

But is he really better then what we already have ?! Can't play in Premiership if/when we get there, wont have much of resale value... Is he really a player who can make difference in our quest to The Premiership ?

Perhaps it is only me, but I would take a pass on him, and aim bit higher.

But is he really better then what we already have ?! Can't play in Premiership if/when we get there, wont have much of resale value... Is he really a player who can make difference in our quest to The Premiership ?

Perhaps it is only me, but I would take a pass on him, and aim bit higher.

Obviously you wont like him, he is above the age of 21! :biggrin: