Most desirable Wednesday programme?

Guest Yorkshirecath

I've got some from the 40's and 50's, also the 1966 program. Rumbelows League Cup final and all the '93 ones! Like to collect them :)

Some interesting stuff in Elsecar Herritage Centre, 1966 cup final with a few autographs, £25. 1935 cup final £250. Cup replay with Arsenal with14 autographs £60. + other stuff, old pics etc.

I was tempted with a few wednesday things but bought a Marilyn Monroe Ciggy case for £45 instead. Have I turned?

...somewhere in the back of my ageing memory, I seem to recall watching a TV programme about the post-Munich air crash game, and there being something about not having a programme as a mark of respect...could be wrong though..

I seem to remember, there was 2 programmes, a pre printed one worth 1000's and the blank team sheet one quickly published for the game. I've got it in the back of my mind that an original one fetched a world record price for a football programme...or maybe a wednesday / man u record price, can't remember.

I know a programme was printed and sold on the day of the match, i've seen one years ago..can't remember the team sheet or lack of though

Guest JonTheOwl66

Just a couple of images...

Lucky, lucky man.

I've got some from the 40's and 50's, also the 1966 program. Rumbelows League Cup final and all the '93 ones! Like to collect them :)

Very nice! Where could you get them from?

Guest surfinjim

I seem to remember, there was 2 programmes, a pre printed one worth 1000's and the blank team sheet one quickly published for the game. I've got it in the back of my mind that an original one fetched a world record price for a football programme...or maybe a wednesday / man u record price, can't remember.

I know a programme was printed and sold on the day of the match, i've seen one years ago..can't remember the team sheet or lack of though

Man Utd were due to play Wolves at Old Trafford, think it was the day after the crash. That got cancelled and the vast majority of programmes got pulped. When one of those turns up, you are looking at £3k plus.

Baltimore Blast readily available at the programme shop on Leppings Lane for £5- comes up on ebay every now and again- never seen it break £8. If she got over £200 quid she's done well, credit to her.....but it's not worth that much.

93 replay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FA-Cup-Final-Replay-93-Official-Programme-Arsenal-v-Sheffield-Wednesday-/120908238073?

pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item1c26b14cf9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-FA-Cup-Final-Replay-Programme-Arsenal-v-Sheffield-Wednesday-20-5-93-RARE-/150798065960?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item231c43e128

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FA-Cup-Final-Replay-93-Official-Programme-Arsenal-v-Sheffield-Wednesday-/140730993794?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item20c4388c82

It was a few year ago, within a few year of him retiring but she got it! Lucky cow, I've never thought of selling any

...somewhere in the back of my ageing memory, I seem to recall watching a TV programme about the post-Munich air crash game, and there being something about not having a programme as a mark of respect...could be wrong though..

Here is one from a programme seller - with the blanks for the Man Utd team.

1935 programmes are usually in porr condition as it rained all day< mine came frpm someone who went on a mototrbike!

MU published a replica for the 50th anniversarry but it's pretty obvious to spot. I have a replica AND an original.

Barcelone away is probably the rarest as I think thye were only given to VIPs, or players, or both.

Guest 93owl

The FA Cup Replay programme v Arsenal is worth a lot. It would be worth more if both teams autographed it.

do you know anybody who would want to buy one with ticket aswell?

There's a Barcelona programme with a ticket (is that that green thing on it?) on ebay at the moment - looks like the seller tried for £750 but didn't get it . Now on for £650 .

Let us know if you take the plunge?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-Barcelona-v-SHEFFIELD-WEDNESDAY-1962-ORIGINAL-VERY-RARE-ticket-see-/290722773573?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D290705570423%252B290705570423%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8946411171120343580