Chris Evans

Guest beatleowl

Guest beatleowl

They no eachother from Wolves days and Dave Jones says he has "no immediate plans to change the backroom staff and will see how things work." My question would be do we keep Chris Evans who is undoubtably passionate about his job and up to the task, or will we have a complete overhaul? I think its probably best to keep him considering the amount of games left, also a familiar face in the dressing room.

Guest wilyfox

i hope he stays; he's a part of the Megson regime that has elevated us to 3rd place. to abandon all we've been working towards with 13 games to go would be a huge gamble. replacing Megson with Jones does not guarantee promotion; combining Jones' ideas with Megson's foundation via Evans could potentially make a difference.

Guest utOwlz

Id definatly keep Chris Evans, hes my favourite assistant manager we have had, and his passion is infectious, if Dave Jones has worked with him before i hope he can do it again.

i hope he stays; he's a part of the Megson regime that has elevated us to 3rd place. to abandon all we've been working towards with 13 games to go would be a huge gamble. replacing Megson with Jones does not guarantee promotion; combining Jones' ideas with Megson's foundation via Evans could potentially make a difference.

:milan:

Guest normski

Best assistant we had for years, knows his stuff, speaks well, passionate about Wednesday = No Brainer really.

Not sure about Andy Rhodes he is an Irvine man that stayed on , held high regard from many people But?? Not sure jurys out on him for me.

Uto

Id definatly keep Chris Evans, hes my favourite assistant manager we have had, and his passion is infectious, if Dave Jones has worked with him before i hope he can do it again.

Agree - is it just me or have these touch line celebrations with players and staff really been more directed towards Evans, Thompson and Rhodes than GM. It even seemed that way on Sunday. This is not a criticism of GM rather an endorsement of the wish to keep Evans in post

Guest AnotherOwl

Would be a real shame to see him go too. Comes across as a top bloke, and seems to really know what he's talking about.

Guest beatleowl

Would be a real shame to see him go too. Comes across as a top bloke, and seems to really know what he's talking about.

If he does go I will miss his Churchill style speech/interviews on radio sheff. Must have had so many of our curly tailed neighbours screaming at the radio 9 minutes in

:biggrin:

I love Chris Evans as much as the rest of you and agree with much of the above, but the question is, does he want to stay, long-term?

Yes, he loved the experience here and has developed a special affinity with the fans but...

It is just possible that he does his best work when partnering Meggo. If GM gets a new post and wants Chris alongside him, will their professional bond be too much for Chris to resist?

I'm sure that Jones and Evans working together before was a factor in the decision to appoint DJ/ and or retain the rest of the management team. The more the dust settles the more it seems to get clearer that Milan didn't want to change too much too quickly apart from getting Megson out.

Yes his dismissal still looks egotistical, shabby, reckless and unethical but Evans is still there for continuity and perhaps more importantly to pick the players up and tell them that they have to do it cos Gary will be expecting them to do it for the Wednesday and themselves.

It will be Dave Jones' decision whether he brings his own people in at some stage but I suspect Chris Evans position was a big part of the interview process. I also suspect that I wasn't alone in being a bit less fearful of the effects of the sacking once i knew Chris Evans was staying, for a while at least.