A NEW PERSPECTIVE

Only just seen this - and know exactly what you mean now...

And I myself know that Bill Shankly was completely wrong when he talked about football being more important than life or death

People mis-quote the Shankly quote, it was said firmly tongue in cheek or so it says in his biography

Hope your feeling better now !!

I suffered my 2nd heart attack on the eve of the Charlton home game and spent 2 weeks in hospital following it..........i was more disappointed at having to go to hospital therefore missing the game than i was of my potential health issue :)

Today was my 1st game since and although was advised not to attend there was no way i was missing this ! plus i have had to have a heart recorder fitted and need to remain calm etc............needless to say as much as i tried i found it hard and managed to semi contain myself when the goal went in but lost it a bit at the end and was dancing around like anyone else until my son warned me to calm it !!!, just goes to show that sometimes even health problems cant keep Wednesday fans away.

How did you manage to keep calm mate?

My adrenaline was in overtime. I didn't realise it until I got home. I was shaking and absolutely knackered.

Wondered where you'd been

Could you not get an ipad in the hospital? Part-timer :wink:

Hope all's going well and you make it over in a few weeks

Thanks for the concern Dave. I was in no condition to use an I pad though with all the monitors I was hooked up to you would think at least one could have had the football results on :biggrin:

My mate (QPR fan) had that a few years ago while we were on a lads holiday in Spain. Not nice and all the best with your recovery. Mate is now fine by the way.

I know what you mean about the perspective thing myself too. Watching the last 10 minutes of a Derby game a goal up hoping we can hang on is nothing compared to sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting to be told if your cancer treatment has been successful os not!

Get well soon mate, hope the MRI scan is ok?

I am a pretty regular poster on this site and have been for many years. I am sure no one had noticed that I have not been on the site since just before the Exeter match. The reason for my absence was that I had to be rushed into hospital suffering from Viral Meningitis. This virus attacked my heart, liver, lungs and membrane around the brain. Needless to say it has been one of the worst periods in my life, being hooked up to drips and monitors galore and being pumped with drugs as well as having very uncomfortable tests.

As far as the football goes my sons thought it best to keep the results from me of the Exeter, Stevenage and Chezzie games. When they did inform me I was choked BUT I did see things in a different way, I was just happy to be around to hear the scores and while obviously I want the Owls to do well and go up I will not be stressing out over it if it does not happen. I would gladly watch them in any division as long I was healthy enough.

I make an annual trip over to see them play and as long as there are no setbacks and I get the all clear(they are still keeping a check on the ticker)I will doubly enjoy the Preston, Hudders( if I can get a ticket) and Oldham games.

Win or lose I will never lose faith in my team but being ill I will now see it in a whole new light.

Mods feel free to move this post if in the wrong section.

Sorry to hear about your illness mate...keep your head up...it might be a long time to recover but you'll be ok...you know we never do anything easily...lol