ryan lowe

Guest s6 owls fan

Are we going to play

Madine and Lowe then? Gutted for Morrison, surely we can play with three strikers if one plays behind the front two and tracks back, maybe try this at home.....

I'd argue that Morrison has done more than enough recently that Lowe should be on the bench if Lowe was fit enough to start for the next game. Why do I get the impression Megson is not a massive fan of Clinton though? And also vice versa?

Edited by Owl Rly

I'd argue that Morrison has done more than enough recently that Lowe should be on the bench if Lowe was fit enough to start for the next game. Why do I get the impression Megson is not a massive fan of Clinton though? And also vice versa?

Personally I would prefer a different type of striker to partner Madine than Clinton.

Him and Madine are too similar in style for me. In the first half yesterday they were bumping into eachother, making the sam runs etc.

I know Clinton has been better this season and weighed in with a few assists, but he needs to contribute more goals to warrant automatic selection in front of either Lowe or COG.

He also lacks pace.

Personally I would prefer a different type of striker to partner Madine than Clinton.

Him and Madine are too similar in style for me. In the first half yesterday they were bumping into eachother, making the sam runs etc.

I know Clinton has been better this season and weighed in with a few assists, but he needs to contribute more goals to warrant automatic selection in front of either Lowe or COG.

He also lacks pace.

Clinton lacks pace? I'd guess that if there were sprints involving the first eleven yesterday, Madine would be way behind the rest of the players, with the possible exception of Rob Jones. With regards Madine, I think the late great Bill Shankly made a the following comment when he signed Ron Yeats, which would most definitely apply to Madine, he said, "his pace is very deceptive, he's a lot slower than he looks".

Clinton lacks pace? I'd guess that if there were sprints involving the first eleven yesterday, Madine would be way behind the rest of the players, with the possible exception of Rob Jones. With regards Madine, I think the late great Bill Shankly made a the following comment when he signed Ron Yeats, which would most definitely apply to Madine, he said, "his pace is very deceptive, he's a lot slower than he looks".

I agree, Madine lacks pace aswell.

That is why I would rather we had a striker who has it as his partner.

Obviously Mellor had plenty of pace...this time round- not sure about Lowe, but I think COG is pretty fast.

Clinton's earned his place in the starting 11, but it would be nice to have another striker on the bench to change things after 60-odd minutes if we're not winning.

Maybe JJ could be that man if O'Grady and Lowe are still not ready by Tuesday.

I thought this yesterday when JJ went off, i know he didn't look fit but it is stilll nice to have JJ on the bench especially with Lowe and COG missing.

Just gives us an option with JJ 's pace alongside Clinton or Gary Madine could work quite well.

It will be awesome when we have Lowe and O'Grady to pick from too.