Just got back

And is'nt it true to a point they had won the game after seven fu##ing minutes walk in the park after.

I'd personally say after 10 seconds, as the raptuous support given by their highly impressive set of home supporters was surely only going to ensure they'd be their 12th man & win them the game ...

On a serious note how many ended up travelling.

Difficult to say, as we had some of home end too. I'd personally guess at 2,500(ish)

Ewood's not a bad ground, but the lack of enthusiasm from there supporters was frightening, looked like they couldn't wait to get home !

2,500 is some turn out if true but I honestly feel with a strong side we could have taken 4,000 tonight.

True, if GM made more of s big deal outta it then certainly.

Think I heard there was 8,600(ish) there tonight, so not bad really

Shame ALL the goals were at the other end o pitch !

Guest Bob de Bilde

Please don't say Sedgewick was decent anybody or my head will explode. I can't believe how slow, poor, god awful he was. When the 2nd goal went in GM went mental and then a few minutes after the 3rd Sedgewick just kicked a ball straight out of play when there were 2 simple passes on and Megson looked at the bench as if to say 'get shut of this crap.' Lines looked ok. Need to take it in perspective as they played their first team (except Hoilett, Nelson and Roberts- Samba is injured) and we played 9 fringe players. They in prem and at home, we in League 1 and away. Either way that defending is not acceptable.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I thought we showed great and encouraging spirit after going 3 nil down in 7 minutes away to a full strength premiership team, many teams would have crumbled and conceded 6 or 7..

ALTHOUGH we shouldn't have conceded 3 in 7 minutes to start with...

Apart from the awful start I saw much encouragement from the final result.

Guest highamowl

the start was rabits in headlights last night. they just didnt know what to do. And I was very disapointed that it was an experienced player that got caught for the second goal. That was very disapointing.

However, especially in the second half, we were able to get the ball and pass it around. deserved the goal, and put together a few nice moves.

At the end of the day we played our reserves against a very strong team. the result and the majority of the play was very encouraging (when you consider the start)

Without going to game the most sensible bit off this thread has to be "Blackburn did'nt get out of 2nd gear after 20 minutes" quote that is why you can't really analyze the performance properly apart from saying we did'nt crumble

Have you ever been happy with anything Wednesday have done?

Guest maltaowl

the start was rabits in headlights last night. they just didnt know what to do. And I was very disapointed that it was an experienced player that got caught for the second goal. That was very disapointing.

However, especially in the second half, we were able to get the ball and pass it around. deserved the goal, and put together a few nice moves.

At the end of the day we played our reserves against a very strong team. the result and the majority of the play was very encouraging (when you consider the start)

Couldn't agree more. After the nightmare start we started to look good on the ball without pressuring the Blackburn net. Though Reda did ok after a shocking start. Sedgewick was poor, especially for their 2nd. Uchechi is a crap version of JJ when he's bad. Reynolds/Coke looked like they'd had enough. Morrison/Lines made the difference for me

Guest Marra_SWFC

Bez are you being genuine mate?

He let his man walk infront of him in the 6 yard box for their 1st, lost the ball when he had so much time to do SOMETHING with it and gave them pretty much a clear run at goal for their second, lost the ball nearly everytime he had it and gave no defensive cover or attacking support. He put one decent ball in when JO'C nearly got on the end of it. Rubbish.

Guest highamowl

Lines was very good last night for me. He made things happen when he got the ball.

lines was the key change between teh first and second half that allowed us to play a bit. He played in a more advanced role and made the link between the midfield and morrison.

I can see him playing a key role for us, with a lone striker, JJ on the right, COG on the left with lines behind the striker, and then prutton and semedo behind them once all are fit

Lines was very good last night for me. He made things happen when he got the ball.

lines was the key change between teh first and second half that allowed us to play a bit. He played in a more advanced role and made the link between the midfield and morrison.

I can see him playing a key role for us, with a lone striker, JJ on the right, COG on the left with lines behind the striker, and then prutton and semedo behind them once all are fit

All good to hear.

I wasn't very happy with what he offered on Saturday against Notts County and thought he'd need to improve dramatically. Reading his performance last night was of a good standard raises my hope that I'll see a better Lines on Saturday against Sflaphorpe.

Bez are you being genuine mate?

He let his man walk infront of him in the 6 yard box for their 1st, lost the ball when he had so much time to do SOMETHING with it and gave them pretty much a clear run at goal for their second, lost the ball nearly everytime he had it and gave no defensive cover or attacking support. He put one decent ball in when JO'C nearly got on the end of it. Rubbish.

Yeah I am. His first half performance was poor (just like the rest of the team) but in the 2nd half he tried to get the ball down and play, tied to take men on and defended well. I thought that his performance, if replicated v League 1 standard players would have been good.

Guest intercity0wl

2 worst players on the pitch by a mile where Uchechi & Sedgewick, diabolical. I seriously have no idea what these two offer to our team.

Clinton Morrison, Lines & Reda where the only really standout players. However ROD did a cracking save in 2nd half. I hope Rob Jones doesn't just walk back in our team.

Our fans were quality as always. Role on the big/more important game on Saturday!

He did indeed, as he has in other games too, but maybe its just me over critical here but i do think there is a weakness about him whenever i have seen him play, and that is he seems alot weaker at anything going to the left of him than to the right, cannot remember what game i noticed it in last season, but this season the first one at Bury he was he basically rooted to the spot and dropping down to his knees without attempting to outstretch his arm in an attempt at stopping it, and with the second one he made it so obvious to the goal scorer that he was shaping up to dive right that in the end he just about made the strikers mind up which way to slot him home.

The first goal last night at Blackburn last night was very similar to Bury's first , in as much as the ball (granted at high speed) wizzed past his left hand side and yet again was rooted to the spot with no attempt made.

All goalkeepers have a favourite side to which they will try to influence a striker to go for, but for me he does slightly exagerate his preference to go to the right

Maybe i am being too over critical, who knows, but its is just something i noticed and that worries me slightly, although i do not doubt at his age he has the potential to be a competent keeper.

Anyway as you said three big points at stake on Saturday so here's hoping, UTO.

Guest highamowl

All good to hear.

I wasn't very happy with what he offered on Saturday against Notts County and thought he'd need to improve dramatically. Reading his performance last night was of a good standard raises my hope that I'll see a better Lines on Saturday against Sflaphorpe.

He still has some work to do. His touch let him down a couple of times, but he appeared to offer us something that we have not got without him, that link between the midfield and the striker. If we are going to play a 4-5-1 he could be a very important player for us this season. I still think that once we get JJ fit, and at the moment marshall on the other flank we can look very dangerous going forwards

Guest yo24owl

We were very poor and they gave up after 7 mins game over. megson is a clown if we had won our first four games change the team otherwise make them play every game to form an understanding